MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have already posted this in the Cooper S section but have had no responses from there. I need to sort it out urgently as the exhaust has completly gone and sounds like a mna farting in a baked bean can now!

I have a crack (now split completley) in the exhaust system just near what looks like the downpipe/cat. Is there a BMW diagram to show the exhaust sections? then it is eaiser for me to describe!

I have been told It can not be welded up. I was wondering if anyone knows how much a new section of exhaust is from BMW. I already have a Miltek catback system so was wondering if it is worth getting a miltek exhaust and sports cat instaed of standard.

Am I right in thinking that the whole section from manifold to the beginning of the cat back is all one piece as I can not see any join.

Sorry for all the questions I only just bought the car last Friday.

Sorry for the second thread but I need answers quickly, and I'm not taking it to BMW.

Thanks,
Rich

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
Try looking here for details of exhaust system and all other bits
RealOEM.COM   Online BMW Parts Catalog

It is all one piece - manifold to cat inclusive.

To get prices you will need to talk to BMW.

You say you have a miltek cat back then why not phone around for Miltek manifold prices?

It does not look if you are doing much to help yourself on this one ............

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok , I know I was being stupid not asking BMW. Kind of wish I didn't. They want £915 inc VAT without fitting. Might as well get a jan speed manifold with a high flow cat and be done with it.

Rich

·
JCW 210 apparently not!
516 Posts
if it is a low cost fix you need now, most exhaust custom shops will be able to produce a small length to fix the pipe. though if you can afford to change now then have a look around for an exhaust you like, there are many sound clips on youtube and some place on mini 2

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
Contact one of the site sponsers for prices on GTT or Janspeed or a Milly ..... Makes a lot more noise but will still cost 600-700 fitted even for an expensive one and even less for the milly i recon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts