MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a crack in the exhaust system just near what looks like the downpipe/cat. Is there a BMW diagram to show the exhaust sections? then it is eaiser for me to describe!

I have been told It can not be welded up. I was wondering if anyone knows how much a new section of exhaust is from BMW. I already have a Miltek catback system so was wondering if it is worth getting a miltek exhaust and sports cat instaed of standard.

Am I right in thinking that the whole section from manifold to the beginning of the cat back is all one piece as I can not see any join.

Sorry for all the questions I only just bought the car last Friday.

Thanks,
Rich:frown:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Mate,

just had a similar issue myself. It turns out that I needed a new manifold, downpipe and Cat which is all one piece. Instead of buying the BMW one (which i dont trust as my current standard one crumbled at low mileage!!!) I opted to buy a Janspeed one (Milltek was an option too but most people who are "in the game" recommended Janspeed for a Cooper S). The part was approximately £500 and installation obviously depends on your garage.

Hope this is of some help.

P.S. I know that this is about 1 year late...but i posted this to help others in their search if they have the same issue as me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts