MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hot Orange Owners Tribe
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
In a bit of a dilema, travelling down the motorway a small stone hit the windscreen no cracks, twenty minutes later hit a pot hole a crack appeared, upon inspection later it was exactly where the stone had hit earlier.
Is it a warranty issue? i.e weak screen or will i have to get it replaced by my insurance company, but this is where my second problem lies, as i have read so many horror stories by glass companies damaging trim and bad seals
Do i have the right to ask my insurance for MINI to do the repairs? as obviously its still in warranty and has the rain sensors fitted
If they refuse will MINI still cover any warranty issues for loose trim etc in that area?
all the best Andy

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Sorry, but this won't be a warranty thing. The only time that it would be warranty is if the windscreen cracked without any cause. Road debris is not covered by the warranty.

Now, your insurance might be able to help. Check your policy or better yet call and ask them. Most of the time there is coverage (although your deductible my be more than the repair) to cover things like this. It just depends on your insurance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts