MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
luvmywifesmini
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

My wife has recently told me of several occasions when she attempted to crank her Cooper and it would not start. She has had to attempt to crank the engine as many as 5 times before the engine started on one occasion and 3 attempts on another occasion. She states that the engine turned over all times. She confessed that the last time she pumped the accelarator a couple of times which I advised her against doing, although she did state the car cranked the next try. It does not seem to be a cold weather issue.

I have not had this problem. The car has always cranked for me. I kow that when the key is turned on the fuel pump primes itself from the several second hum that I hear. Could it be she is attempting to crank the engine to fast, whereas I will wait until the hum has ceased before cranking the engine.

Thanks for your posts! :red:

·
Registered
102 Posts
how old is your MC? This sounds like it might be the cold start issue that some earlier MINI's had. My MCS suffered from this, all that was required was a software upgrade for me :) that fixed it. should be covered under warranty. Talk to your dealer about it, and keep us posted!

·
luvmywifesmini
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The MC in question is an 04 model with only around 1600 miles on it. Also, I thought the hum might be the fuel pump. Maybe I am wrong. This morning when I turned the key on, there was no hum.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the same problem with my brand new '05 MCC. It usually takes me two tries for it to crank, and I'm doing everything exactly the same as I did with my '04 MC. The service dept, of course, has not been able to replicate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.