MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They said they're going to give me a Ford Focus as my MCSC roof needs replacing.

·
003 On a Mission
4,239 Posts
Kinster said:
They said they're going to give me a Ford Focus as my MCSC roof needs replacing.
:red: :red: :)

Thats a bit better than the vauxhall zaffira:eek: they gave me when I had my steering rack changed :(
Although in defense of the dealer ( who normally give me a MINI ) this was arranged through MINI Emergency. So it looks like MINI UK do not like using their own brand
as a courtesy car:p :D

·
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was Scotthall Leeds. They got an external hire car company and got me the new Vauxhall Astra.

Still a sh*t car

·
Looking good in MOC
141 Posts
When my car went into Holland Park BMW / Mini i was given a brand new 120D Sport. It is really a nice car. It had only been released less than a month when i had it.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Kinster said:
I have had about 6 courtesy cars, all BMW but i really HATE the manual BMW. The pedals are SO offset it gets painful. I would much rather have a focus for a few days, brilliant car. (WOULD RATHER A MINI.) :)

·
Northerner in t'south
365 Posts
Harpo said:
Be thankful you had such a good car. Foci are pretty good as mainstream cars go.

I was given a 206 for a couple of days. Have you ever seen a carpeted glove-box lid in pale green?

Oh, and it drives like it's got a carpeted glove-box lid too. I cannot think of a single good thing to say about it.

Was that from North Oxford garage?
If so I've had that too. The gearbox feals like shaking a stick in a dustbin. Very poor. and the carpeted glovebox :confused:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have currently got a cool blue cooper convertivble courtesy car and have had it nearly longer than I have owned mine!
I've actually startred calling it my car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've been borrowing a mates MC for the past few weeks, the windscreen wiper motor packed up on it and I goy a focus 170st from BMW emergency, jeez it was quick, definately not good for keeping a licence.

:D

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
MINI Emergency is contracted out to a company called Mondial, who then use National Car Rental for their courtesy cars. NCR have a huge fleet of Vauxhalls so you'd most likely get one of them.

The Dealers tend to hand out their own cars, hence why I always get a 3 series :rolleyes: No MINI's as courtesy cars for some reason :confused:

·
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ButtonIt said:
MINI Emergency is contracted out to a company called Mondial, who then use National Car Rental for their courtesy cars. NCR have a huge fleet of Vauxhalls so you'd most likely get one of them.

The Dealers tend to hand out their own cars, hence why I always get a 3 series :rolleyes: No MINI's as courtesy cars for some reason :confused:
Yes, they use Mondial, but in our area they use Enterprise.

·
Summer's coming
30 Posts
courtesy cars

I have had my MOC for almost 4 months now. During that time I have been supplied with a 3 series BMW, a Mini One, a Vauxhall Corsa and, most recently a MCC.

·
meep meep!
137 Posts
This time tomorrow I would have been driving around in a 1.2 Ford Fiesta for two weeks while my MCS has a new bumper. 2 freaking weeks!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
there has been a thread on this but cant remember what it was!!

i got a daewoo matiz for 3days from mondial who i found to be the most useless bunch of halfwits i have ever dealt with. they're rude, unfriendly, unhelpful and give you conflicting information.
Then they said they wanted it back, i gladdly gave it back but my mini wasnt ready so i went to the dealer adn said that mondial took back their 'car' and so my delaers gave me a 330i sport!! makes so much sense eh?!!?!?!?!?

but dont worry, i did the matiz's 'engine'/sewing machine engine some damage!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi,

My MCSC had to go and get some work done on the paint.
The dealer lent me a MCS tin-top in hyper blue complete with JCW Wheels.

Paul;

1 - 20 of 21 Posts