MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my mcs creaks from drivers side window over bumps, its the glass rubbing against the rubber because if i lower window slightly its quiet. i think the window needs raising a few mm to seal tight against the rubber.

i have adjusted it laterally with the torx bolts under the rubber covers at the bottom of the door but it still needs raising

has anyone adjusted there's, if so how, i know the door trim has to come off and i have read about holes in the glass and two adjusted bolts the other side of these holes. this is was for the 1st gen though

i could go to dealer but if its a easy fix will do it myself dont fancy them ripping my door card to pieces

any help appreciated

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
on reading the workshop manual seems you need a special tool to adjust side windows so its a trip to the dealer!

·
MINI2 Veteran
701 Posts
hi there, common fault this is in the minis. But to save a trip to the dealer what I used to do in my old one was get a strip of velcro (the width of the window) and stick it to the seal. (the soft bit of the velcro not the hook bit)

Now you could not notice it at all, and it eliminated all of the noises from that part of the car!

Cheap and easy to do. grab some velcro from ebay!

·
MINI2 Veteran
701 Posts
all well and good. but I have learned the hard way about putting products on the rubber, once you knacker that seal up uve had it. Stick to the velcro, dont need to keep putting the stuff on then.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
silicone spray seems to have worked, may still go dealer cause im convince drivers window is too low when dropping

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
all well and good. but I have learned the hard way about putting products on the rubber, once you knacker that seal up uve had it. Stick to the velcro, dont need to keep putting the stuff on then.
Why would using a rubber protector made and supplied by BMW "knacker that seal up"?

I put the recommended product on about once every six weeks, takes about 10s per window.

·
Registered
07 R56 S
214 Posts
my mcs creaks from drivers side window over bumps, its the glass rubbing against the rubber because if i lower window slightly its quiet. i think the window needs raising a few mm to seal tight against the rubber.

i have adjusted it laterally with the torx bolts under the rubber covers at the bottom of the door but it still needs raising

has anyone adjusted there's, if so how, i know the door trim has to come off and i have read about holes in the glass and two adjusted bolts the other side of these holes. this is was for the 1st gen though

i could go to dealer but if its a easy fix will do it myself dont fancy them ripping my door card to pieces

any help appreciated
Back the truck up.../...R56 susp creaks bad when applying or deleting power ...thats it....new struts ...am suspecting cntrl arm bushings etc...just want to stop the creak...not restore the car............????????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts