MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to fit one of the new Creative MP3 players to my MINI like the iPODS. I have an awfull lot of WMA files, so would prefer to use a compatible player for that format. (Or is there a way to make all my files MP3s?)

Does the MINI Radio play WMAs or just MP3s?

Does anyone know how to reduce the bit rate of some of my WMA/MP3s. Quite a few are 128Kbs and I can't fit many onto a CD??

Questions questions.... aaghh. :p

Your help is appreciated

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'll answer what I can

The 05 Boost CD only plays MP3 format discs and not WMA as far as I am aware.

As for not getting much on a CD, I have put over 150 individual tracks onto one CD using nothing below 128kbps

A typical track takes up around 4MB @ 128Kbps and a CD will take 700MB so you could get up to 175 tracks on one CD

Hope this helps

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup this has helped. I have just tried to burn a CD and it worked OK. I am not sure what I did wrong the first time round though...

Thanks! :)

Still wondering about the Creative Zen MP3 players though. Can anyone help with that one???

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, squirt I have just realised, you live kinda near me. Next time I'm in Peterborough, I shall keep an eye out for your S. I have a PW/PW Coop with black V.Stripes. If you see a mad guy in a mini waving, that'll be me :p

Did you get your S from Sycamores?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi ours is Hyper Blue white Roof white Stripes

We got it from Elms at Cambridge because they could get us one quicker than Sycamores (but there is along story attached to that !!!)

Will look out for you !

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have not got the divice yet. But will be getting one from Santa :p

I have the normal CD player with Boost. I do not have CD prep or changer.

Does this mean I cannot connect the device if it is at all possible?

·
Registered
126 Posts
having the Aux jack installed is the easiest way to hook up a Zen. It'll be pretty much the same thing for the ipod (using the aux jack). All you get is sound in, you'll have to control the players functions through the device itself.

·
Half a dent
1,413 Posts
Post july boost does play WMA's and MP3's. Personally I would not got below 128kbps though. i set itunes at 160 and i still get 10-12 cd's per cdrom. Since the player also supports CDRW it is worth playing around with bit rate to get what suits you. I'm not sure it's worth putting in an MP3 player link if you have the new cd boost. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okey-dokey. One thing is really confusing me now. I have tried to burn a CD with a load of 128 Kbps MP3's (I know I am starting to get off subject but I will be getting back on), but every time I try to burn them using Media Player or Nero only lets me put about one cds worth on. I thought I had it sussed but alas not. I don't understand how you can get 100 plus tracks on one CD :confused: As you can all tell, I am quite new to the MP3 generation...

As for the MP3 player, if I can get my cd player to play wma and mp3 I may not go for the MP3 player car install. But it will sure come in handy when I am painfully serperated from my Coop when at work! :p

·
Registered
126 Posts
when burning in Nero you want to make sure that you select Data CD as the project type.
that's always worked for me. Basically all you're doing is writing a normal data cd with MP3s on it and letting the cd player do the rest.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ta-da! I have done it - and tested it! I used nero using the wizard! It was an ISO cd that I burned whatever ISO means??? :p

Thanx very much for the advice CmdrVimes :)

Will test a WMA file in my car radio tomorrow morning!

·
Off to the Dealer
161 Posts
Pinball said:
Is it possible to fit one of the new Creative MP3 players to my MINI like the iPODS. I have an awfull lot of WMA files, so would prefer to use a compatible player for that format. (Or is there a way to make all my files MP3s?)
Take a look at
proclipusa.com . I don't know what the size of the Creative MP3 player is, but they might have a solution.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.