MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot remember is there is a cruise control feature on the latest version of the MCS, but if there is do you find it easy to set the speed and use?

Reason I'm asking is because I think this will be a massive "must have" for me in my next car (which I'm 99.9% sure will be a MCS).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cruise control on latest S is the same as the facelift 1st Gen, and comes with the Multi fubction steering wheel option. The controls resemble those of a Playstation handset. Cruise control is great, I use mine a lot, but not much use if you use busy motorways.

It's great on the A55 though ;)
Thanks for the reply.

Sounds like it will be easy to use.

·
IJ 2009 - Team 81
3,223 Posts
Taken from a previous post. This is how it works on a 1st gen, guessing the 2nd is the same

The 1/0 button switches the cruise control on

When you reach your desired speed press the + button

You can then adjust your cruising speed with the +/- buttons

If you brake (or touch the clutch) the cruise control will cut out, but you can return to your cruising speed by pressing the button that looks like a speedo.

If you accelerate briefly the car will return to cruising speed when you lift off.

Obviously the 1/0 button switches it off too.

·
FS58MBW
69 Posts
Useful thread - thank you. My dealer was "pretty sure" that the cruise control only came with the MFSW, thi sconfirms it. Have just confirmed my order BTW, and it goes into production today!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Not related to speccing the cruise control, but I have noticed some odd behaviour with mine. If you set it at around 75mph, every now and then it will just drop out of cruise for no apparent reason. I haven't been able to correlate it to uphills/downhills, or any other factor. It just quits, and if you hit the "speedo" button on the wheel it will happily kick in again. Only happens at around 75mph.

Anyone else reading this seen anything like this? Anyone get it fixed?

·
Making it add up
847 Posts
Spiney

Mine behaves in exactly the same way. I asked the dealer to check it out a few months ago but if they did they didn't fix it. I think others have reported this as well. Mine is a November 2006 build. I suspect a software glitch.

What is tiresome about it is that is happens at an indicated 73mph which is actually a true 70mph. This is the legal limit on a UK motorway and therefore a useful setting if conditions permit.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why do you say that cruise control "is a massive must have"?
Because I'm lazy and when I'm on the motorway I would just love to be able to take my foot off and let the car carry on lol.

Plus all of the other cars have it...I suppose I'm just a technology snob (need all available gadget and gizmo's in the car :redface:)

·
Mini Design Philosopher
1,028 Posts
I find cruise control very useful. It can be considered a luxury, but along with air conditioning and bi-xenon headlights it just becomes a necessity after you have had it.

I've never understood why MINI doesn't advertise it as a feature in the brochure, but it does come with the multi-function steering wheel.

Even though it is effectively the same controls as the 1st generation MINI, I actually find it easier to use on the R56.

The cruise control will cut out at speed if the ABS sensors detect slippage, for example if cruise control is engaged and you are driving through heavy rain it can disable itself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts