MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
new user and soon to be Mini owner.
Can anybody tell me if cruise control can be fitted aftermarket? i understand a different steering wheel is needed... according to the dealer?
if so any idea at cost????
I`m looking at a 2008 mini cooper s.
thanks in advance.

·
Surrey, UK.
44 Posts
You need the multifunction steering wheel. I am guessing appropiate plugs to the wiring loom would already be there. Then I assume a software flash at the dealers.

·
Registered
262 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the answers so far.
Have agreed vehicle purchase now and quoted £650 incl. vat parts and labour for MFSW. seems a lot reading posts but i haven't seen what people on here have paid dealers to supply and fit . Also not sure if this was for a complete new steering wheel or a kit. will update soon.

·
Registered
262 Posts
£650 is not a bad price, I paid more than that using a secondhand steering wheel and airbag, its the steering column switch and recode that costs the big money. But in my opinion its well worth it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
spoke to the dealer again today, the £650 includes fitting a new steering wheel, column switch and the software upgrade. they use the existing airbag. he says the cruise and radio buttons will work but not bluetooth function. should i ask for the old steering wheel to sell or will it just gather dust with the rest of my clutter???

Can the bluetooth be activated or are more parts needed?????

·
Registered
262 Posts
spoke to the dealer again today, the £650 includes fitting a new steering wheel, column switch and the software upgrade. they use the existing airbag. he says the cruise and radio buttons will work but not bluetooth function. should i ask for the old steering wheel to sell or will it just gather dust with the rest of my clutter???

Can the bluetooth be activated or are more parts needed?????
If the old airbag is to be reused I cannot understand why a new sterring wheel is been fitted, they will probably be fitting new switch packs to your existing steering wheel. A new steering wheel with switches cost over £280.
If they are fitting a new one, It may be wise to ask for the old one back as they can fetch any where between £50 and £120 for a standard 3 spoke leather one on ebay etc.

The bluetooth function cannot be retro fitted, if you want it you would need to go down the Parrot or similar route.

·
Just been Clubbed!
379 Posts
I have recently retrofitted the MFSW and its well worth it :D

Have you got a 3 spoke steering wheel? If yes then you dont need a new wheel just the button pack to go onto the spokes which costs £80 ish. If you have a 2 spoke wheel you will need a new wheel and new airbag as the these are different.
If you have a 2 spoke wheel then get this quote of £650 in writing because it will cost more than this!

·
Registered
67 Posts
^^^
... and new switch block too? :rolleyes:

When I've a 2008 MINI with 3-spoke wheel, I only need one of below???

01 Set, Mfunction switches, Sport str.wheel 1 32306773645 +core
01 Set, Mfunction switches, Sport str.wheel 1 32309190802 +core
01 Set, Mfunction switches, Sport str.wheel 1 32309200098 +core

·
Registered
262 Posts
The difference in the switch blocks is due to different components that maybe fitted to car, with DCS, with Autolights, or with both.

The switch block costs around £350 + fitting+ recoding

1 - 11 of 11 Posts