MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first question goes to all you people that live in the Glasgow (Scotland) area: which BMW dealer do you recommend? The local choices are: Henry Brothers (Kyle Street) OR Harry Fairbairn, Fenwick Road, Giffnock

...another out-of-town dealer like (Douglas park, Hamilton) is not out of the question... but please feel free to get any comments on these dealers off your chest.

Now for the other questions:

* I am worried that the 17 wheels on the 205/45 tyres are not fat enough! I currently have 195/50 tyres on a set of 15's and they do look good - Does anyone have a photo from behind the car showing the width of the 17 wheels in relation to
the rest of the car?

* Run Flat Tyres - if a tyre does start to run a bit flat, is there an indication on the dash as to which one it is... or is it just a general indication?

* Interior Lights - where exactly are the footwell lights? Seen a few photos showing the footwell area lit up, but where are the actual bulbs located? Do the passenger and driver both have footwell lights?

* Delivery (UK)... what sort of time can I expect if I was to order one right away? If I can wait for another six months or so I'll probably do that - gives them time to iron out a few more of the problems / niggles / undocumented features... and gives me time to decide if I want (need) a Cooper S.

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
Hi, welcome to MINI2!

I can't comment on the first question, but I expect someone from the scottish contingent will find this thread soon!

There should be some photos somewhere in the personal galleries. Otherwise, I'm running 195's on 16's and they look quite wide, so 205 on 17's should be fine.

The tyre pressure indicator merely lights up, it doesn't show which wheel...

The bulbs are located... ah... can't remember, but both footwells light up quite well. It's especially handy when farting around fitting speaker wires and such stuff!

I've heard of some people getting their MINI's in about 6 weeks. I personally waited 3 months, but that was ordered back in August. The waiting times are smaller now. If you go for just a basic salt/pepper/chilli with no further extras, odds are there would be some in a field somewhere ready for delivery.

Hope that helps,

Dom

·
Registered
529 Posts
I know it is not Glasgow, but I was in Edinburgh the other week - went into the BMW dealership there and was looking at MINI Cooper's. Had several nice ones! However in the 15 mins I was in there no one came to ask if I wanted any help, nor said hello or good bye!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts