MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Until stocks run out we are running a deal on the Superflex front wishbone bushes.

We have tried all the brands and these are the best you can fit to the front of your mini.

Offer price £175 inc vat fitted :cool:

Get yours now from an official Superflex supplier :)

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
Hypothetically speaking... :p :D

...If someone was to need a shock absorber fitting (replacement part already obtained) and front ball-joints fitting (either supplied by fitter, or bought from BMW) on a ONE with over 50,000 miles - would this be a good time to replace the bushes (and would it save on labour costs)?

If so, would a ONE benefit from uprated bushes (other handling mods: wide grippy tyres, Koni FSD, 4xGTT braces)? If so, in what way?

All the best,
Andrew.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, in short yes its nearly always cheaper in labour costs to replace the bushes at the same time, we would normally do it the other way round and reduce the fitting costs of the ball joints and strut if the Superflex items were supplied and fitted buy us.

The improvement will depend on the condition of your old bushes we have seen them destroyed on 25,000 mile cars and have also seen a 75,000 mile car with perfect ones, but I think they may of been changed on a Mini cherished check, the fact you are using bigger wheels may indicate yours could be worn.

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
Mine litterally fell out when Adrian undid them. 17" wheeled cooper S 2002 model with 55k on the clock at the time!

Cracking price Dave, cheaper than I have seen before... Worth every penny IMO

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These are going like hot cakes and everyone has been pleased with the results!

Only 5 kits left until the next delivery in December!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok no need to panic we have just had another shipment of bushes arrive :)

and we are going to extend the offer price for another month!

Only at ThinkMini fitted Superflex front bushes for an all inclusive price of £175 :eek:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can have either, but I would advise standard camber and then make camber adjustments with top mounts as once the lower bushes are in they cannot be adjusted.

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
Dave, you have two PM's from me that need answering in your own time... :D

Cheers,
K.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I had these fitted last week by Ade and Dave and I can tell you now, they represent probably the best handling/£ increase for handling I've done to my car (next comes Bilsteins, then strut braces etc).

Get them! The car feels so much more planted on the road :D

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just to give some feedback on these bushes.......

We have now installed just over 100 !!!!! and every customer says good things!

Our latest offer now includes free fitting of all Superflex engine bushes if bought with the wishbone bushes!

For customers who already have been part of our Superflex wishbone offers, dont stress! you are also included we free fitting of additional superflex engine mounts!!

Also for facelift Mini owners we have a very special mount ready for release! No more leaking mounts!

Dave

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi Dave,
Is there much of an increase in road noise and vibration when fitting both the wishbone bushes and the engine mount bushes?

Also is it worth doing the rear bushes at all or the anti-roll bar bushes? Or do you find it's just the front wishbones that take the most punishment?

Just for the record I've got 17" S-spokes with runflats, Eibach springs and all 4 GTT braces fitted already.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The front wishbone bushes dont seem to add any extra road noise, the engine mounts do add a little extra vibration when first fitted, but they do loosen up with time.

Yes its the front bushes that wear the most.

·
POP..POPPOP..POP
1,918 Posts
Just want to say thanks to Adrian and Dave for my new bushes this morning :)

Very pleased so far and my worries over the engine mounts producing extra vibrations have proved unfounded :D

Definitely worth the trip down :)

Oh yea, can you slap some yellow paint on that first speed mountain, I very nearly missed it :eek: :p

·
Registered
352 Posts

Very pleased so far and my worries over the engine mounts producing extra vibrations have proved unfounded :D

Oh yea, can you slap some yellow paint on that first speed mountain, I very nearly missed it :eek: :p
:D Mountain!!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mmm, sorry about that, there is a sign, but it still catches me out!

We did have a problem with the locals due to some speeding drivers so the bumps have to stay :(

·
POP..POPPOP..POP
1,918 Posts
mmm, sorry about that, there is a sign, but it still catches me out!

We did have a problem with the locals due to some speeding drivers so the bumps have to stay :(
No need to say sorry, fully understand why they're there :)

I was quite impressed with the way the car went over it with the new bushes and having been over some more normal wide speed bumps the car rides over them much better, thats a bonus for daily driving I wasn't expecting :)

Thanks again :)

·
Registered
263 Posts

Hi Tnoy66,

Did you have all the engine mounts fitted?

Quite like the idea of fitting these but just want to make sure it doesn't produce any more engine vibration into the cabin.

·
POP..POPPOP..POP
1,918 Posts
I had the main lower one and the gearbox mount done. Mine's a facelift version so it can't have the other upper one done.

There's no extra noticeable vibrations produced on mine :)

Before I took the decision to do it, I read a lot on NAM. The guys on there noted that by doing the engine side and not the gearbox they did get extra vibrations, but once they'd done the gearbox side the vibrations went away :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts