MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mini Cooper 2003 suddenly started stalling when coming to a junction or traffic lights. I took it to the garage and a key fault was identified. So I bought a new key. However it is still intermittently losing power when not warmed up and has stalled a couple of times since then. Any ideas? I am reluctant to take to a mini garage but feel I might need to? It is quite stressful not knowing if it will stall. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
820 Posts
If it wasn't the key take it back to the garage and tell them the problem is still the same as before.

You might need to find another garage that can diagnose cars without throwing parts at it.

Ask around for any recommended garages where you live.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
My Mini Cooper 2003 suddenly started stalling when coming to a junction or traffic lights. I took it to the garage and a key fault was identified. So I bought a new key. However it is still intermittently losing power when not warmed up and has stalled a couple of times since then. Any ideas? I am reluctant to take to a mini garage but feel I might need to? It is quite stressful not knowing if it will stall. Thanks for any advice.
coolant temp sensor would be my first look at item and live data it see when cold what temps are showing and as car warms up until hit 80c or more

·
Registered
1 Posts
High pressure fuel pump. Your first of many very expensive replacements. You must only run your mini on premium fuel.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
High pressure fuel pump. Your first of many very expensive replacements. You must only run your mini on premium fuel.
the gen 1 dont have a high pressure fuel pump

1 - 5 of 5 Posts