MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CV joint on my 2003 mini one broke and I have tried replacing the full shaft. The first was as far into the gear box as possible but the bolt holes on the bearing did not line up. The second had a completely different number of gears on the engine side but was perfect on the wheel side. Every place I try it comes up with similar looking driveshafts that wont fit. The shafts i tried fitting where the NAPA NDS1007R and the NAPA NDS1014R. Is this a sign my car has been modified? What driveshaft do I need?

· Registered
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58 FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
1,629 Posts
shaft for the Midland pre facelift (to July 04) probably, the shaft doesn't sit all the way in generally, nearly but not quite, so if trying with it so the holes won't line up, pull it out a few mm and they typically will,

maybe look up the shaft for your car on RealOEM and cross the number to the factor number you're using or ask the shop to....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.