MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

i have a mini cooper auto cvt 2003 with 82,000

For about 6 months now i have had 2 problems that i am unsure about. i was wandering if you could help, they could be related

1) when i accelerate, my rpm goes to about 3,200 before it shifts. i get to about 60 mph before this happens. At 70 mph the car sounds comfortable and runs at 2,600-700 rpm. if i slow down to about 65 mph sometimes the rpm shoots back up to 3,500 and the engine sounds strained.

Now this doesnt happen all the time, on good days when im accelerating the rev counter will stay below 3000 and seems to hold all the way up to 70+ mph.

I used to have this problem before and they said they fixed it by re- tracking etc, but i am confused whether there is a deeper issue here

Mechanic said that i should change the cvt transmission and that could solve the problem

2) i have been getting a a dud,dud,dud,dud continous kinda noise that gets louder as i accelerate. it seems to be coming from the passenger well mostly,however the noise is also making my steering wheel shake left and right in my hands

2 mechanics have looked at it, as i initially thought it was a wheel bearing problem however one of them said that the noise is coming from deeper in but could not help.

A friend suggested that it coujld also be the calipers being in a stuck position and oscillating against the discs via the pads.

i am worried that this is a gear box issue

Has any1 else experienced this issue?

many thanks

·
4,983 Posts
I'm afraid changing the transmission isn't really an option, or at least not an affordable one. Have they tried adjusting the software?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
apologies i meant the transmission fluid itself.

the noise is more the concerning part tbh as on some days the noise minimal and thers the noise is intense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts