MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
kyle7566
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all hope some of you can help I have recently bought a 2003 mini cvt and there are no fault codes in the system the car is not in emergency program but I have no drive in reverse or drive what would everyone recommend to try was thinking of a fluid and filter change

·
4,983 Posts
Hi all hope some of you can help I have recently bought a 2003 mini cvt and there are no fault codes in the system the car is not in emergency program but I have no drive in reverse or drive what would everyone recommend to try was thinking of a fluid and filter change
"No drive in reverse or drive" Does that mean it won't move at all? If so that sounds like a complete CVT failure.

·
4,983 Posts
I suppose you could see if adding fluid helps, but honestly if it was me I'd be having it towed to a MINI service dept.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Is there anyway to verify that atall
how mechanically minded are you and what diagnostics equipment have you got,, to be able to work with that box need b cable inpa first off to read the gearbox and control surfaces for faults,, might find just a sensor that has thrown it in to stop mode to protect its self, or could be terminal and bands have broken up and destroyed the internals, at 130k if i were a betting man and car has been used a lot start stops and hills etc the bands are fairly common.. and also the friction plates another one link below.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-CVT-VT1-Automatic-Gearbox-Friction-Kit-ZF-CVT/182558317944?hash=item2a8152dd78:g:lQUAAOSw-3FZCc-A
all this is a guess and guessing is the mother of all things wrong, only one way for forward needs diagnostic scan done with b cables inpa,, autocom does do some of the options but not all of them 50/50 gamble if will do what needs with them cvt boxes and sensors etc,,
all your left with is check oil and check any multiplugs to the box for water ingress after that it gets very involved,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts