MINI Cooper Forum banner

141 - 145 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Turns out its a 2007 cooper S supercharged version.

The oil that came out smelled terrible, drained from the sump pan and differential housing, but the drips stopped at 2.6 ltrs (3 quarts)

Refilled through the torx bolt above the rear differential housing the same amount.

Car is much better than previous on road test, but must admit could be a lot better. Change is still quite harsh. Does not miss or stick in 3rd now.

Maybe try to change again tomorrow to help flush the torque converter.

Does this sound normal to you experts??

·
Registered
6 Posts
As an update......... if anyone reading them :))

Car covered 121,000kms and had not had oil changed previously.
Changed the oil again and it was far more discoloured than i expected. It dropped about 2.5 litres each time.
Delivering back to the customer the car had certainly improved a huge amount from first time i drove the car, but it certainly was not driving and changing gear as smoothly as our 1992 BMW 318is auto with 290kms on the clock!!

Guessing the damage has been done, i suggested maybe a time to part exchange at a BMW garage for another car, so they could sell it with a warranty and take ownership of the new gearbox install............

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used to love mini cooper now I will never trust them or BMW again!!

I kissed my 2009 mini cooper goodbye 2 weeks ago!! It stopped in the middle of the florida turnpike. Had to have it towed to the nearest mini cooper dealership in orlando. When i talked to them they told me it was the timing chain. When i found out about the lawsuit i talked to the dealership and they tried to back out of saying it was the timing chain. I paid them $200 dollars for them to tell me i needed to give them $1000.00 to evaluate the engine trouble more in depth when they already knew what was wrong with it!!! They told me it would cost me $13,000 for a new engine. I will never trust bmw or mini cooper again. I had to buy a new car....i bought from honda. I will hate bmw and minicooper the rest of my life!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I feel your pain
I’m professional mechanic myself have stripped my mini cvt mind you I bought it broken it was only £100 so to put it back on the road total is going to be circa £400
Anyway I’m a bit stuck found a spring in the tranny and god knows where she goes so I’m literally stuck
I got all the parts belt filter oil etc but can’t proceed with assembly until figured where that spring goes
Hope you’ll be more lucky pal

Attachments

141 - 145 of 145 Posts