MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

When I was weighing up the options and making my car choice - the MINI Convertible was a no-brainer :) - I forgot one little thing...

That is that I like to go mountain biking and there ain't no hills in London which means putting the bike in the back of the car and heading out to the Surrey Hills. So guess what - my bike wont fit in my new MINI Convertible! Doh!

So does anyone know of a bike rack (not a tow-bar one) that fits the Convertible?

Either that or I'll have to stick to roller-blading or something that WILL fit :)

Cheers,

Alan

·
Registered
680 Posts
Looking for a decent rack for my s (non convertible) as well. I also ride in the Surrey Hills (live on the foot of them) but so far manage to get the bike in the back. I imagine this would be a struggle for you though! What and where do you ride?

Nev

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Nev,

The other love of my life is a 1999 Yeti AS-3. I have a friend who lives at the bottom of Leith Hill so I usually ride there. Did 'Summer Lightning' for the first time on Tuesday evening :) :) :) :) :)

You?

Cheers,

Alan

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hi Alan,

I have a 2004 Specialized S works enduro M5, and normally start in Peaslake, ride up to the top of Pitch Hill, then down to Peaslake again, up Holmbury Hill, down the Bombholes and Telegraph Road, down another 'no name' trail then back across to Peaslake again. You have got to check out the bombholes and telegraph, they are both mega.

On a different note, popped into my dealer in Wimbledon on they way back from work to play with the mini convertible for the first time, and thought it was pretty cool, especially the roof mechanism.

It was finished in Hot Orange, with matching interior!

Not much room for Yeti's though!

Nev.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Jordan can you message me about the rack!

Im currently PACE'd up and waiting for my cooper converitible ! was expecting to strip it right down and backseat it but this sounds great!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't even think about it

He-he-he MiniVirgin.

Trust me, unless you stack it vertically with the top down it just isn't going to work :( it doesn't matter how many wheels you take off!

PACE - cool ride.

Cheers,

Alan

·
Registered
44 Posts
Cool maybe but cost me a fortune in Chiropractors!!!

After 5 years I think its time to upgrade!

My best friend has just been apponted european manager of www.americanbicyclegroup.com !
Now what should i get ?? Tomac or Litespeed!! No Merlin Full sus any more!!!!

Oh Decisions Decisons !!
What dealer gave the info on that rack ! Mine says he knows nothing about it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Mini Virgin,

At risk of straying off-topic for a MINI forum, I'd go for the Tomac - you see many Litespeeds around - well certainly in the Surrey Hills :) - but Johnny T was a legend and the bikes are much scarcer. Plus, The Man deserves the royalties - the Lance Armstrong of the Kamikaze!

Back on-topic I too phoned my dealer this afternoon after Jordan posted and he'd never heard of it either.

Jordan, do you know the part number?

Cheers,

Alan

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hello all,

Also at the risk of straying off topic, I have just returned from a brill ride in the Surrey Hills, and I would consider a Lite Speed Niota, (not sure about the name). It is made of titainium and has 5 inches of rear travel. Pretty expensive though, like about £3000+ for the frame only!!

Greensax, I am sending you a PM, so I hope it has works!

Regards,

Nev.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Just seen it on the website, and I now desperately want one myself!! Does anyone know how much the niota costs?

Nev.

·
Registered
81 Posts
whoa - bicycle heaven.
at the risk of going way off topic, can anyone recommend somewhere for cheap, but good, cycing clothing?
I teach spinning and am always looking out for this

·
Happy as Larry!
118 Posts
A price for the rack?

Does anyone have an idea of the price for the convertible cycle rack?

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Part number for MINI cycle rack?

jordan said:
i can get you guys a accessories brochure with prices if you want.
Hi Jordan,

My dealer still denies all knowledge of the MINI Convertible cycle rack you found. Where did you find it and do you have a part number and price?

Thanks in advance,

Alan

·
MINI SPONSOR
329 Posts
MINI FIN is the designed this rack for MINI. He also did the cup holder and armrest.
This is his website below. Very stong mounting bar. Can also be used for towing your camper. :D :D

Not sure about convertible with the rear sensors. That should be easy answer to get from your service tech. I can't imagine that it would be a problem since the mounting bar is long and flat that sits inside rear bumper.

http://www.minifini.com

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
7 Participants
usaminicooper
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing