MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrrgggghhh!
Just been with Colin to pick his new mini up. Solid Black with Paint Glaze.

Now there was me happy with Cosmos black, only to get shown Cosmos Black, Solid Black, and Solid Black Paint Glazed next to each other!

Now I want the Paint Glaze!

Anyway its saving me £200 of the paint work (Less £250 for Metallic +£50 for glaze) so what can I spend the £200 on? Any suggestions?

(None mini related £200 questions can be added aswell ;) )

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Any chance of pictures :confused: :confused:

·
MINI2 Master BLASTER!!!!!
1,532 Posts
You could get the alarm, or onboard computer, buy the clear resr light clusters, mybe teh multi function steering wheel?.....xenons(dunno how much)?

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
no pics today sorry folks :( it's raining and the car is dirty after the trip home on the motorway. I'm going to wait until it's a sunny day and i've cleaned it, so it could be some time :D
The black and white combo looks fantastic, especially with the sunroof :D :D :D :D no signs of it pulling left, yet.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Nice One Col on the new motor :D :D
So i guess we'll have to wait until we know how hard it is keeping a black car clean :D :D :D :D :D

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
P.S. My new MINIs Name is Ogilvy... (Sonya said it MUST have a name ;)) was decided by the reg. plate '**02 OGV' and is a nod to 'War Of The Worlds' Ogilvy is one of the characters early on in the 'play' (not sure if it is a play?)

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
P.P.S Paint glaze made such a difference to the black. Not so noticable on it's own, but very noticable next to neo's car which was solid black without paint glaze. Made it much shinier and the colour looks 'darker' well worth the £50 if you can get it.

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
to be honest I'm not sure... Neo is the one to ask. He did say it should NEVER need polishing again though, so it had better last ;) (unless I heard wrong?) Neo. It's over to you... :D

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
cmt said:
..Made it much shinier and the colour looks 'darker' well worth the £50 if you can get it.
Congrats on your new arrival Colin!..and yes, I'm jealous as hell..:(

I'm curious though - do you think a Yellow MINI with the glaze would also look darker?..i.e., would it look as dark as the original promo pics of the Yellow paint job that were doing the rounds before the launch?..

If someone from MINI ever responds to my 'rejection' complaint e-mail (over a week now and still not a word)..then I might go for this option myself..;)

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Dogger said:
do you think a Yellow MINI with the glaze would also look darker?
Don't know sorry Dogger :( only car I have experience of is mine. Neo is the man to ask... Also it is a dealer fit option and they don't all offer it. Good Luck :)

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Neo has said that the paint glaze is exclusive to his MINI dealer & isnt aware of anyone else offering in yet :( :(
Me thinks a MINI meet at Neo's dealership is needed :D :D :D

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
AV51HCC said:
Is this Paint Glaze the same sort of thing as SilverSeal or JewelUltra - if so, most dealers offer something like this.
I think it's the same 'sort' of thing, but it's only £50, whereas SilverSeal is (i think) £250?

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
smiffy said:
Neo has said that the paint glaze is exclusive to his MINI dealer & isnt aware of anyone else offering in yet :( :(
Me thinks a MINI meet at Neo's dealership is needed :D :D :D
Hope this doesn't mean I'm a Beta tester again :rolleyes: :D

I wonder if Neo would get his commision if a queue of MINI's formed all wanting Paint Glaze :D

·
Registered
323 Posts
I had Silverseal on my Solid Black Cooper, it was £150 i think, but SilverSeal also do the interior of the car so any spillages are easily cleaned up. Haven't spilt anything as yet, but the outside looks mint :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts