MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had a deposit down on a Cooper S Conv now for over a year and have deferred delivery from 1st Sept 04 to 1st Jan 05 to allow colour choice we did not really like any available colours at launch we wanted to see what other people did to make them special. If I was to spend 20K on a second car for me it needs to be right! None of the colours seem to make a statement hot orange and cool blue are a little to Citroen for me.

Someone posted a Dark Silver with bonnet stripes with external chrome the other day and that did it for me, went to order spec Saturday and to my horror the colour is no longer available, what a shame perhaps it was not selling.

My E/B S is two years old done 10,000 runs like a dream beckons me into the garage just to look and touch seems its doing its best to stay there.

Are they planning to bring out a new S only colour if so what? Anyone have any opinions!

·
JCW time
18,905 Posts
tim.porter said:
Have had a deposit down on a Cooper S Conv now for over a year and have deferred delivery from 1st Sept 04 to 1st Jan 05 to allow colour choice we did not really like any available colours at launch we wanted to see what other people did to make them special. If I was to spend 20K on a second car for me it needs to be right! None of the colours seem to make a statement hot orange and cool blue are a little to Citroen for me.

Someone posted a Dark Silver with bonnet stripes with external chrome the other day and that did it for me, went to order spec Saturday and to my horror the colour is no longer available, what a shame perhaps it was not selling.

My E/B S is two years old done 10,000 runs like a dream beckons me into the garage just to look and touch seems its doing its best to stay there.

Are they planning to bring out a new S only colour if so what? Anyone have any opinions!

I have a DS conv on order.....my dealer hasn't told me it is not availlable.... :confused:

·
JCW time
18,905 Posts
It took me ages to make my mind up on the colour. If it is true I am really confused as to what to go for now.... :( :mad:

My other half lkes BEP though...... :D

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
Just checked on the Mini web site and its still coming up as an option when you through speccing the car. Would find it strange if they took this colour choice away as it is a popular colour on the MCS so would imagined it to be popular on the MCSC.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wildchild jules said:
Just checked on the Mini web site and its still coming up as an option when you through speccing the car. Would find it strange if they took this colour choice away as it is a popular colour on the MCS so would imagined it to be popular on the MCSC.
Yep, just checked site also and it is there - may be false alarm, thank goodness for Mini2 we know the answers here!

Will still contact dealer later this pm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.