MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Well I made a difficult decision a couple of weeks ago to chop my MCS JCW (05) in for a R56 Cooper D (57). I knew the performance would be significantly different, however I am extremely pleased with my decision. The running cost will be considerably cheaper, and I am still delighted with the ride and handling. Anyway my main question is: I was out driving today in the rain during the day. As I was travelling along country lanes, the dash lighting was changing from bright to dim. It seemed to be as I was going past trees (and it was getting slightly darker), that the lights were getting brighter, and then dimming again once out in the open. The handbook does not mention this, and whilst I have found a couple of posts on this forum about this, I can not find anything definitive. Has the dash got a light sensor, if so where is it? Ot is this a fault that I need to get looked at? Grateful for any assistance. Gary.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hello all. Well I made a difficult decision a couple of weeks ago to chop my MCS JCW (05) in for a R56 Cooper D (57). I knew the performance would be significantly different, however I am extremely pleased with my decision. The running cost will be considerably cheaper, and I am still delighted with the ride and handling. Anyway my main question is: I was out driving today in the rain during the day. As I was travelling along country lanes, the dash lighting was changing from bright to dim. It seemed to be as I was going past trees (and it was getting slightly darker), that the lights were getting brighter, and then dimming again once out in the open. The handbook does not mention this, and whilst I have found a couple of posts on this forum about this, I can not find anything definitive. Has the dash got a light sensor, if so where is it? Ot is this a fault that I need to get looked at? Grateful for any assistance. Gary.
There is a sensor, its on the rev counter behid the stearin wheel. the lights go brighter when it bright & dim when it is darker

1 - 2 of 2 Posts