MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

please see attached image of dashboard lights currently present on my MCS R53

there’s no codes showing up on a scan and the lights show as soon as a door is opened and do not go away until you turn car off and wait about 5 minutes

it occurred after I removed the satnav screen and associated bits and I have ensured everything is back in properly and so am at a loss

anything would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
34 Posts
You could try checking your fuse box to see if there's a blown fuse for your instrument cluster. If you've run scans and nothing shows up I think it might be because of an electrical short when you removed the satnav. Unless you did it properly by removing the battery first

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could try checking your fuse box to see if there's a blown fuse for your instrument cluster. If you've run scans and nothing shows up I think it might be because of an electrical short when you removed the satnav. Unless you did it properly by removing the battery first
Hey dude thanks for the reply. I didn’t take off the battery and I’m guessing this is where I’ve gone wrong.
Any ideas what’s next?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey dude thanks for the reply. I didn’t take off the battery and I’m guessing this is where I’ve gone wrong.
Any ideas what’s next?
Just because you didn't remove the battery doesn't mean you must have shorted something. You could have gotten lucky. However with all the cables back there you may have possibly damaged one or not plugged in one correctly. Theres a lot of possibilities, i'd suggest just taking it in or try clearing codes even if nothing shows up on the OBD2 reader

1 - 4 of 4 Posts