MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Cooper 1.5 2019 and have recently fitted my Nextbase wiring kit after following a video on UTube.
All went ok BUT when I connected up the piggyback fuse holder to an ignition controlled 5amp fuse I was disappointed to find that the power steering wasn’t working but the dashcam was. Thinking the fuse holder maybe faulty,Nextbase sent a replacement which produced the same result. When I placed the fuse back the power steering works ok. I don’t want to resort to the cigar socket as it isn’t very neat added to which it’s permanently live. Any suggestions please?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used fuse 54 in the same bank which is the power steering fuse. The one you appear to be highlighting on the same bank is fuse 50 which covers the obd. My problem has been when I connected to fuse 54 it stopped the power steering from working.

· Registered
223 Posts
The thread i linked says you can use any fuse in this block as a switched acc - i used a 20amp fuse in the block just to the left of the fuse puller when i fitted mine as this was shown in another thread.
I can't find a proper photo and instructions showing what each fuse is for? i read about using certain fuses but like you mention Fuse 54 don't know which 1 is which?

Was easier in older cars when the fuse cover lid showed every fuse and what it was for

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The thread i linked says you can use any fuse in this block as a switched acc - i used a 20amp fuse in the block just to the left of the fuse puller when i fitted mine as this was shown in another thread.
I can't find a proper photo and instructions showing what each fuse is for? i read about using certain fuses but like you mention Fuse 54 don't know which 1 is which?

Was easier in older cars when the fuse cover lid showed every fuse and what it was for

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are only 2 live ignition controlled fuses in the bank I used 50 & 54. This is the latest Mini Cooper, as I mentioned was baffles me is why the power steering works ok on fuse 54 but cease to work when I put the fuse into the piggyback holder and connect up,it’s as if mini have put in some sort of bug to prevent fitting other than genuine products. I did phone my local dealership and they won’t help with any solution as a Nextbase camera isn’t a genuine part.

· Registered
223 Posts
Have you tried swapping the fuses around in the piggyback holder? it may be the lower amp dashcam fuse is restricting power if it's in the wrong slot but i guess if this was the case then the fuse would blow?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.