MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spoke to my dealer last night, he is expecting solid news on pricing and specs any day now.

He also mentioned that it's surprising it's taken this long after the car was shown to the public @ Tokyo.

Andy

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
An_S_4_Me said:
Spoke to my dealer last night, he is expecting solid news on pricing and specs any day now.

He also mentioned that it's surprising it's taken this long after the car was shown to the public @ Tokyo.

Andy
It is even more suprising as the car is built in this country, yet we seem to be the last ones who get to know the spec:rolleyes:

LMB:D

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
An_S_4_Me said:
Spoke to a dealer from the main dealership in my region and he doesn't expect to get the official pricing or spec of the S until sometime in March:confused:

LMB:rolleyes:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Phoned my dealer yesterday - only to find that the MINI account executive I'd always dealt with had left some time before Xmas, and no-one thought to tell me. Not very impressive - they seem happy enough to keep my £500, but then don't want to keep me informed about what I might regard as important news.

Anyway, the new chap seemed a bit vague - ran through the old info with me ("It has a 6-speed gearbox, bonnet air intake ..." etc) as if he was reading it for the first time, and didn't have much of a clue as to when more information would be available. Best he could do was "The car's due to be launchd sometime around June, though that could change". And I've rarely heard about things changing for the better. AS to updated specs, pricing, etc, he didn't have a clue.

Like others, I'm beginning to waver. My Mini is being a little sod right now, and I might not be able to wait until "sometime around June, maybe later" - particularly as I won't get one of the very first dealer allocated cars. One thing that would really tick me off, and cause me to cancel immediately, is if the UK cars are delayed any longer than any of our colonial cousins.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
A question for Viscount Charles

VC

thinking about your signature comment, how exactly WILL you choose your colour - There will be precisely zero DS coloured Cooper S's on the road when you place your order... (Well in the UK at least! :eek: )

FWIW, I think the Liquid Yellow would look intetesting, especially if you added a checkered flag roof...:)

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'll probably throw a die :D

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally Posted by rich
thinking about your signature comment, how exactly WILL you choose your colour - There will be precisely zero DS coloured Cooper S's on the road when you place your order... (Well in the UK at least! )
Hopefully, the dealers should get an EB AND a DS Cooper S when they get their test drive cars, I have seen many pictures of the DS car and have loved the colour since I first saw it. Hopefully, seeing it at the dealership will only confirm my choice and I think the same will apply to Viscount Charles

·
Registered
448 Posts
The fiancee says she prefers yellow, but isn't struck on the white bonnet stripes.

Dark silver may look classy, but I do like standing out in a crowd, so yellow is the current front-runner. I've ruled out red (had red with white roof Cooper a few years ago), and BRG (yawn - 'nuff said). There are plenty of metallic blue peugeots on the road, so that probably rules out EB. Black makes the car look like a hearse that shrunk in the wash.

It may come down to cost:
Yellow with 16" wheels in white is a no-cost option.
DS looks best with 17" silver wheels, and the combination of metallic paint, wheels and new rubber from time to time is likely to be about a grand ex-showroom, more year on year. Not sure that the classy look is worth a grand to a road hooligan like me
:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts