MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Two MINI Family
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DCMM Roads & Rails Rally, Saturday November 13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early warning on what promises to be a great fall event!

When:Saturday, November 13
Start Time: Meet between 8:30 am and 8:45 am. Run starts promptly 9:00 am
Start Place: Burger King Restaurant. 3840 Washington Blvd, Halethorpe MD 21227 (Alt US1 and Sulpher Spring Road - on the corner.
Lunch: 1:00 pm sharp.
Buffet lunch
Olive Leaf Cafe, 301-829-9500. 1001 Twin Arch Road. Mt Airy, MD 21771
Lunch is set up at an Italian Restaurant on the route. Menu details and costs will be advsied well in advance.
Event Fee: $8.00 per MINI for non-DCMM members. No charge for DCMM members!

Event will end with lunch

The will be a run which will take us through the history of some Roads and Rails in the Maryland area. A really great file, done by our Route Master Mike (ValnMike) is attached for your review

http://www.dcmetrominis.org/going/RoadsAndRails.pdf

Route sheet attached, please print and bring. Maps to start point and points in between to be posted as soon as I can figure out the proper file type!.

RSVP by 11.5.04 to [email protected]

Attachments

· Two MINI Family
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Event Information Finalized

Updated the first post now to include

Start Time
Start Point
End Time
Lunch Plans
Route Sheet

Please check it out. This event has been so well laid out by Mike you won't want to miss it!

· Ride The Dragon!
304 Posts
I helped to test the route, and it's a lot of fun!

Any of the Philly crew coming down for this one? There were a couple of people that thought that they might be interested when I was up there for "Shift" Into Fall run.

-Paul!

· Two MINI Family
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
have given our head count this morning to Olive Leaf Cafe. We have about 18 cars and about 26 people signed up.

Lunch comes (including the buffet, soft drinks, tax and tip) to $9.50 per person. Anyone order alcoholic beverages will need to pay on their own please.

There is no event fee for DCMM members. Fee for non members is $8.00 per car.

Want to just take care of all this now?
I was hoping you'd say that!

You can now use PayPal to pay for the event fee for the Roads and Rails Rally.

The e mail address to send payments to is: [email protected]. You do not need to provide an address!

If you are using PayPal, please help me by doing the following

1. Please pay by 10:00 pm on Friday, November 12
2. Please print a recepit and bring it with you on Saturday morning.

Thank you

Jen

· Two MINI Family
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What a nice event. Thanks very much to Mike for pulling the route together along with the history of the railroad. Nice photo stops. Plentiful bathroom breaks! Also thanks to Harper for bringing down his maps and guides to signals and giving us all a little education on the rails during the last photo stop.

Our next event is the December 11 Annapolis Christmas boat event. Stay tuned for a dinner in December, our annual Holiday party in January and another Tech Day in January 2005.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.