MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently de-chroming the waistline on my PW/B Cooper with Aero Kit - had to stop due to rain but will get pics up as soon at its finished! :D

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
electrical tape :D lol.

its industrial quality - matte black finish tape and looks just like the 'proper' stuff. ill get some pics up later

·
Registered
285 Posts
Really love this mod looks so good with black grilles, roof etc. I have been meaning to do it for ages but really want a propper kit does anyone know anywhere in the uk that does one for the r56 as outmotoring's website said shipping would be $150!!!!!! lol
What tape did you use adam as the r56 beltline is slightly thicker now??
Rochie

·
Registered
285 Posts
Was just searching for this on NAM and saw this sweet completely dechromed mini thought i would have to share it (sorry for going a bit off subject adam)

Attachments

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats sexy! i want my healight and tail light surrounds like that! would go really well as i have a PW/B with the Aero kit and tinted windows and black in the wheels....lots of black and white going on would tie in nice :D

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really love this mod looks so good with black grilles, roof etc. I have been meaning to do it for ages but really want a propper kit does anyone know anywhere in the uk that does one for the r56 as outmotoring's website said shipping would be $150!!!!!! lol
What tape did you use adam as the r56 beltline is slightly thicker now??
Rochie
high quality, matte electrical tape. put the top on the top edge of the silver so the bottom is overhanging the strip....and then a simple cut with a stanley knife and job done! took about 20 mins to do the whole car! need my graphics now :(

·
231bhp on Lohen's dyno
1,741 Posts
Another electrical tape job here:wink:

As Adam says, quite easy to do (& cheap:biggrin:). I did mine when the weather was quite hot (remember those good old day's:rolleyes:) & the tape was warmed up making it easier to manoever round the curved sections under the screens.

Have you worked out what graphics your having yet Adam??

Attachments

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
Anyone have any ideas as to how some of the people on NAM have painted the inside of their Xenon units? I was under the impression that you weren't supposed to open the Xenons.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Troy, thats called a Joey Mod and it involves putting them in the oven lol. but if you just search joey mod loads comes up

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another electrical tape job here:wink:

As Adam says, quite easy to do (& cheap:biggrin:). I did mine when the weather was quite hot (remember those good old day's:rolleyes:) & the tape was warmed up making it easier to manoever round the curved sections under the screens.

Have you worked out what graphics your having yet Adam??
I did it in the cold brrrrr lol.

no, not got them on yet. Think I'm having an offset zip unzipping an offset single matte black stripe! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts