MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Made an error of judgement tonight on way home. Took what i thought was my slip road off the A303, only to realise ( a second too late) it wasn't my slip road, but a service road off the Dual Carriageway. Anyway, service road was only aroung 50 m long before turning sharp left 90 degrees. Took the Armco at around 75-80mph, so much for ABS. :( Police said not to worry about the armco, it was still damaged from the car that did exactly the same thing 2 nights before. Which made me feel sooooo much better.... :(

Cars probably a write off. Hurt my back, stomach and Arm, but not seriously (altough I doubt I'll be able to get out of bed tomorrow.

Right hand side of car is sadly crumpled and broken. Both airbags deployed. No one else in car with me :) .

Gringgs, those Alpinestars are slightly f***ed mate.

Theres no 'crying smiley' Paul.....

·
Official MINI2 Fluffer
5,261 Posts
Oh dear!

At least you're OK Tony.

Think of it as an opportunity to join the S Speccin' thread and look forward to a different MINI. :D

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
Blardy hell :eek: :( Sorry to hear.

At least you walked away from it.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
really glad to hear that you are ok, tony ... buuuuuut what a bummer for your min. insured? hope it all sorts out quickly so that you are not mini-less for too long.

best
kerrie r

ps nice sympathy post april :)

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Oh my Tony...I'm so sorry. Terrible news.

I hope you are on the mend soon...but it sounds like you will hurt for awhile.

Take it real easy on yourself.

Gutted for you.

·
MINI-no-more
1,415 Posts
:( Sorry to hear your news, but I'm glad you're OK. Hope you don't ache too much tomorrow and that the insurance co sort things out asap and stress-free.

Tinks :)

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Sorry to hear that Tony.............:(

Very glad you are alright though..........take a rest, you'll be sore tomorrow.........

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
holy **** Tony, glad to hear you just bruised, but gutted for you:(

wasn't there any cats eyes to show it wasn't the turning? Sounds like a dangerous bit of road and not your fault mate:(

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
Whoopsie! :eek:

Goodness me! I am sorry to hear about your little "happening" but am glad to hear you are OK apart from a few battle wounds. What a great excuse for a day or two off work :D

Hope the insurance copany treat you gently and sort it out for you as soon as poss :)

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Oh **** Tony......... I am truly gutted for you matey..... Glad to hear you are OK, and hope you feel ok in the morning...

Really sorry to hear about this buddy :( :( :(

·
Back from the dead!
55,481 Posts
Sorry to hear Tony :(

Have a restful day tomorrow and take care :)

xxx

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rakey said:
holy **** Tony, glad to hear you just bruised, but gutted for you:(

wasn't there any cats eyes to show it wasn't the turning? Sounds like a dangerous bit of road and not your fault mate:(

Couldn't tell you about cats eyes mate, but it was a legitimate turn off the A road, just there was zero deceleration opertunity. If the crash barriers hadn't been there I would probably be dead. It was dark and I just didn't realise it wasn't my turn off. My fault. BAcks killing me now. Took the curveing armco at about 45 degrees, not head on. Tyres just couldn't hold the road surface. Always thought ABS would save you from exactly that kind of accident, but was going way to fast for the curve, as it was a curve I thought wasn't there!! (if you see waht I mean)

Just very worried about the insurance. If they right it off, they'll never pay me enough to buy a new S works. It had 50k on the clock, so their going to say it wasn't worth the same as what it will cost to replace.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. Like Ellie (my daughter) said, I'm sorry about your car daddy, but I'm glad you haven't gone to heaven. she's six years old and never a more straight cut reason to be glad it was only a car....

It doesn't look like this anymore... :(

Attachments

·
MCSJCW
1,667 Posts
Sorry to hear Tony. Wishing you all the best for the recovery and don't worry you will be up in driving a mini before you know it

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
Tony so sorry to hear this mate :(

Most important thing is that you got away relatively unscathed :)

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Tony*t3 said:
Thanks to everyone for their kind words. Like Ellie (my daughter) said, I'm sorry about your car daddy, but I'm glad you haven't gone to heaven. she's six years old and never a more straight cut reason to be glad it was only a car....
Sums it all up at the end of the day Tony...... at the end of the day its a car, and they are replacable -- although it may not seem like it right now......

Make sure you give her a big kiss when you check on her tonite and thank your lucky stars ;)

Hope your insurance comes through for you -- Chin up mate, and take it easy :( ;) :)

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
heaven sent

Tony*t3 said:
Like Ellie (my daughter) said, I'm sorry about your car daddy, but I'm glad you haven't gone to heaven. she's six years old and never a more straight cut reason to be glad it was only a car....

It doesn't look like this anymore... :(
you didn't have to go to heaven tony, to find an angel ! hope hugs were the go.

kerrie r

1 - 20 of 154 Posts