MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer has added an item to the bottom of my order that says "USB Cable: £50". I requested an iPod connection and I have specced the HiFi and Full Bluetooth. Is £50 the going rate for such a cable as i've read posts where £40 was nearer the mark.

·
Registered
21 Posts
as it is required to run you iPod with this option they should not be charging you for it.

Int he USA some dealers had been taking out of the Glove box and trying to charge extra for it but as it is really part of the option they all failed. Only a few people got charged before it became general knowledge that it is a required part to make the iPod work in the car. So there is not reason that you should be paying for it.

·
Wanted an Audi
2,105 Posts
as it is required to run you iPod with this option they should not be charging you for it.

Int he USA some dealers had been taking out of the Glove box and trying to charge extra for it but as it is really part of the option they all failed. Only a few people got charged before it became general knowledge that it is a required part to make the iPod work in the car. So there is not reason that you should be paying for it.
Here in the UK there is nothing that says the MINI will be iPod compatible. I can assure you the lead does not come with the car and it must be ordered by a dealer.

I dont understand why it should be free:confused: (maybe not £35)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have not long picked up my 58plate JCW and the daeler said you use the cable supplied when I brought my Ipod, which I tried and yes it does work. I can control artists / albums & tracks through the MFSW, although i have read that others do not work.
So perhaps cancle the Ipod lead now try you own lead and if it works you saved your cash if not then order one after.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well my order has been signed and is 'in build' according to the dealer so I can't change it now. In the great scheme of things it's not a big deal but I asked about the price of the iPod cable again today and was told it is £50. I called up another dealer and they were selling it for £30 + VAT.

·
Wanted an Audi
2,105 Posts
Well my order has been signed and is 'in build' according to the dealer so I can't change it now. In the great scheme of things it's not a big deal but I asked about the price of the iPod cable again today and was told it is £50. I called up another dealer and they were selling it for £30 + VAT.
It doesnt mater you can still remove it from your order, its nothing to do with the build of your car. Just tell your dealer you no longer need it. They can raise a chque for that amount to refund you the money and balance there books.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts