MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at purchasing a MC in the next 6 months. What was your dealer experience like? The MC is a hot car right now and dealers have been known to take advantage of prospective buyers. Are they the kind of dealer that wants to force you into one of their on hand cars?

I live near Indy so Dryer and Reybold would be my first choice, but I would also like to know about the other dealers in the Midwest. I would not mind going to Chicago or elsewhere to have a positive dealer Experience.

When replying why not mention your dealer's name and tell a little about your purchasing experience.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
You are fortunate that there are three dealers in the Chicago area and one in Milwaukee in addition to te ones you mentioned. I have heard good comments, generally, about the Chicago and Milwaukee dealers. I would call them and see what they have in stock and coming in. If you want to order, I would probably use closest dealer, assuming they treat you well. We bought our first MINI from the Milwaukee dealer, but that was a couple of years ago so I don't have any current info about them.

·
MINI Groupie
105 Posts
!!

What you will find at the various dealerships will not be like your "normal" car buying experience. Not only will they not pressure you to buy off the lot, many won't have any on the lot! I have found MINI Motoring Advisor's NOT to be salespeople. The car sells itself and they just sit back waiting for the end of your decision making process. If you are at all interested in a MC or MCS and you test drive one it is practically inevitable that you need one. The dealerships know this and are happy to spend the day talking cars with you.

What else that is different is that you will not talk them down from MSRP because as you said, they are selling a very hot car right now. They all charge various documentation charges so shop around. Some require mandatory amounts in dealer accessories (which you're likely to be buying anyway so no big deal plus they will dicker over the amount here usually).

I had super phone conversations with Patrick MINI (Shaumburg IL), Baron MINI (Merriam, KS), St Louis MINI (St Louis, MO), and MINI of the Woodlands (Conroe, TX). The Florida dealers are also cool. I'm buying from Sandi MINI (Albuquerque NM) who's showroom isn't even finished yet. I'm driving my baby back home to Oregon early next year, yippppeeee!

Call around and see what they have, will have and can have. Good luck in your research and MC buying.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Electra said:
Some require mandatory amounts in dealer accessories (which you're likely to be buying anyway so no big deal plus they will dicker over the amount here usually). Call around and see what they have, will have and can have. Good luck in your research and MC buying.
Sounds like a bunch of ADP to me! I hate it when dealers price gouge customers on a popular product. :(

I guess I will have to build one on the Mini USA web page (if it ever comes back up) and go in and tell them, "This is what I want on my car AND NOTHING ELSE!. Now the question is... Do you want to make a SALE or NOT!"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts