MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, just ordered my first Mini yesterday, a 2009 Cooper with the Premium and
Cold Weather packages plus sport seats and fog lights. Should be in the end of October.
Meanwhile, I have to decide on the many options the dealer wants me to consider pronto.

I would greatly appreciate your feedback on these:

1. Extending the free 3 year /36K mile maintanance package to 6 years/100K - $1795

2. Invisishield to protect the front nose for $695

3. Polyshield paint sealant for the exterior and fabric sealer for the intererior - $695

4. Lo Jack for $695 vs a conventional alarm for $395

Thank you very much! ;)

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
Skip the extended maintenance and paint sealant. The extended maintenance will only apply for three years, in that time service done at your dealer would probably cost half that. And you might sell or trade for a new one before six years are up. ;) The paint sealant is just wax, you can get better protection for less money by doing a Zaino treatment yourself.

·
oooh ... pagers!
7,799 Posts
^^^ what she said.

as for the alarm or LoJack, it depends on where you live/how likely it is to be stolen. not particularly likely in all reality ... especially if you bought a manual ...

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you can still change the cold weather pack I would. I'm going into my fourth winter here in Maine. Cloth seats, no cold weather package = no problem. Of course I have a garage and that takes care of a multitude of winter auto woes.

Have fun!

·
oooh ... pagers!
7,799 Posts
i'd disagree on cold weather package :) i find it very very useful to have the heated seats. the heated washer jets are useless, but the heated mirrors are pretty good and the seats are a necessity imho.

·
Uranus is composed of gas
3,507 Posts
Completely agree with D and AW, but I do feel that Invisishield is a good investment. If you travel the freeways very often, you'll have a chipped front nose in about a month. My tint man offered me an aftermarket version and the price was about the same that the dealer is going to charge you.

Congrats on the car!!! :)

·
going or coming?
1,215 Posts
I'd say NO on all the dealer options. I do have a proper nose bra that has been put on to go skiing and is taken off all the rest of the time.

My wife like the cold weather package - I get to drive with the top open in any weater, ans she gets to turn her seat on. Funny thing is, I've seen her use it when it is over 70 deg. F "because she got a chill".

·
Registered
127 Posts
Welcome to the MINI family! Time is going to move pretty slowly between now and Oct, for you at least.

Kevin

Reactions: MINIJR

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
Agree with Mister about the invisible bra. The only reason I don't have it is because my fuzzy hubby can repaint the bonnet whenever it's needed. :nice:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts