MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

I know that there are certain options that can be programmed by the MA, such as daytime running lights. Is there a comprehensive list of these somewhere ? It would be nice to be able to have them all done when I take delivery, instead of having to go back or wait until the first service.

Thanks in advance.

Mr. V :)

·
33 EJB
5 Posts
I find it hard to believe that nobody has figured out how to program these options themselves, or gleaned the info from a MINI tech (by observing or just plain asking).

BTW, my salesperson didn't mention these options, so when I head back over to the dealer this week, I'll see what I can find out. The guys there seem like they'd be cool about it.

·
MINI Fan (atic)
276 Posts
-X- said:
I find it hard to believe that nobody has figured out how to program these options themselves, or gleaned the info from a MINI tech (by observing or just plain asking).

BTW, my salesperson didn't mention these options, so when I head back over to the dealer this week, I'll see what I can find out. The guys there seem like they'd be cool about it.
Yeah... someone needs to find this out.... I only wanted to change the "follow you home lights" and have been told that it is £20, "but this covers up to 4 options, so you might as well get more for the same money"....
I DON'T want to change up to 4, I only want 1 and £20 is a bit steep for something that is (to be honest) quite trivial.

If anyone can find out how it is done, that would be great...

Can't be that hard for MINI to do surely (I am guessing a 2-min job), and I think they are only charging so that owners don't abuse it by changing their options ALL the time.

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
My MINI salesperson didn't mention these options either, and when I mentioned them he just said that I could drop it back to the service dept to get them to do it for me (no mention of ££)... When I had cause to pop my car to the service guys (problem with alarm sensor on windscreen) I mentioned the "programmable options" and (quelle surprise) the (BMW) service man knew nothing about them :( so I thought I'd leave it awhile and go back another time. I'm assuming however that I can have one "free" program of these options before I have to start paying..... time will tell.... ;)

·
MINI Nut
250 Posts
You guys actually have to pay to have these programmable options changed? Here in S.A. were are given a list of all the options that we want, then it's given to the technicians who in turn programme it in when the car's PDS is done.

On my current car, which is replaced the day after tomorrow with a beautiful new PW/B Cooper, the options were changed free of charge - and I bought the car second hand. The car was taken into the workshop, parked infront of the diagnostics machine, linked up and the technician I went through the available options that were given on the screen... he changed them and I was sent on my way. I think that it's unfair to have to pay for something like changing a setting that's actually already in the car.

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
Yeah, unless it is a standard, across-the-board UK thing, you shouldn't have to pay for getting reprogramming done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.