MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 40 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hmm. Tricky one Ashley. You'd think people would be up for getting together some variety of overall dealer listings, so it would be easy to "boycott" dealers who give poor service. But maybe some people just havn't seen the thread? I wonder do any of the moderators have any thoughts on the matter? I certainly thought it was worthwhile to give my two cents, even though in Northern Ireland we don't have tons of choice in the dealers. I just thought I'd give some praise where praise was due. But you'd think people would be happy to expose dealers with poor customer service, etc in one location for everyone to see and refer to. Would having it as a sticky maybe help?

PS: I'm sitting at work with my little Tesco's remote control Cooper S. Its a bargain at £9! Comes in DS too!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Still no word from anyone else?? Come on people, share your experiences for one and all! Edinburgh and Aberdeen were a great laugh at the weekend. I was up till 8am on Monday morning from Sunday night :) But, boy, did I fell that yesterday on my way home :(

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Still not happening Spacer - It is a shame because of the amount of stories on the site (nightmare ones) you would have thought people would want to share these with other users

·
Registered
178 Posts
**** Lovett (Bristol)

Just a quickie.... Was originally going to buy my MC from them, and went as far as putting a deposit down, then inspiration took hold and I phoned a few other dealers not quite so local, but close enough, cuting a long story short i managed to source the same car but with 4-6 weeks earlier delivery with another dealer.

Fair enough i thought not all dealers are created equally, they obviously sell their quota quicker than others. So after re-placing my order with L J Irvine & Sons in Bridgwater i wanted to do some modifications to it, pre-delivery, to which Tony Nichols at L J Irvine & Sons, was only too pleased to do (Cheers Tony) i wanted to add front spots, L J Irvine & Sons wanted £299 expensive but what the heck, then i thought about **** Lovett (Bristol), gave em a call and they wanted £357.00 for the same thing !!

The moral of the story is, whilst **** Lovett (Bristol) have fantastic service, first class sales people and a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere - they aint cheap!! Shop around.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Many thanks to whoever made this a sticky. So, now that it is, come on everyone. Even if you have told your story before, just put up a quick post with which dealer is involved (give a rough clue if you don't want to name names ;) ) and a quick summary of what happened. Lets make this a central place to look for dealer info!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I was ready to place an order with Park West,and part exchange my car ,they never bothered to ring me back with a price for my car so have now placed order with Park Lane.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought my MCS second hand and found that all prices seemd very similar, admittedly, they seem to still be scarce,,,,,,,,,,,,Big up to Halliwell Jones

·
Registered
30 Posts
Robert Stern

Robert Stern

Have had quite a lot of dealings with both the sales and servicing departments here due to a lemon which was in and out about a dozen times! Simon and Jonathan are both nice blokes who have gone out of their way to help and even managed to get me a replacement car. The service dept. guys there are also very helpful although they have not gotten back to me about a tyre price I requested the other day.
Have visited Damon Hill on a number of occasions including to see about a trade in when they offered a stupid low price. Over all though they were friendly and helpful.

·
"Just Like That!"
265 Posts
TV175 said:
Robert Stern

Have had quite a lot of dealings with both the sales and servicing departments ...guys there are also very helpful although they have not gotten back to me about a tyre price I requested the other day.
I was waiting for my car at Elm Park in Bedford on Monday, when I overheard the service desk guy (Herjit?) quote a price of £200 for a single Dunlop SP runflat...although that did include fitting :(

·
Registered
268 Posts
Pleased to say that my S will be here at the start of next week, and can get it on Fri/Sat. I'll let you all know how the collection goes.

·
AWOL
14,247 Posts
In Middlesbrough....

Shockingly bad customer service.... my car was a month late.... has had a bunch of problems, currently trying to reject it (without much luck).... they rarely return calls, seem to have an inability to take my problems seriously.... without dount the worst car dealer I've had the misfortune of dealing with... have been waiting 2 and a half months now to get a gearbox problem even looked at....

these of course are my own opinions based on the level (or lack of) service I have recieved from them...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Nice one Northandy - Good luck in rejecting your car - Take as much advice as you can - Remember the contract is between yourself and not the dealer. If you are unable to get hold of anyone try to contact the dealer principal or go to the highest buying point of the group - you need to take names dates and times (extremely important) - Just a word of advice this will cost the dealer financially so they will try there best to put you off.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Got my Cooper S today. Wow is all I can say. But, about the dealer, everything went fine, the car was well prepped. Slight rattle from passenger door, but it may be the door's not shut properly. Again, Wow!

·
Registered
22,101 Posts
**** Lovett - Bristol

Having read other peoples comments on **** Lovett in Bristol thought I would give my experience.

I agree with everything said - i.e good sales people etc but can add that there lead times have now been dramatically cut.

when I was first enquiring about my car the forecasted date for delivery was march 04. By the time I had finallised my re-mortgage (for extention, windows, heating as well as the mini) The time had shot forward to May/June 04!!!!!

Basically they have been selling them like hot cakes so in response BMW have now significantly increased their allocation. I ordered my cooper in early November and it is being built in the 2nd week of Jan 04 - much better!!

Having had a few disscussions with the **** Lovett team about lp mini disk options

see thread:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45140

They have agreed with me that the system from new mini stuff (Mikethemini) sounds a much better and cheaper option and indeed are keen to see the finished item. They had no qualms about cancelling all the stereo options I had ordered, HK, MD head unit, 6 cd changer and radio boost.

So on the whole I have found **** Lovett great.

Paul.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Got my MCS on Friday from Park Lane Mini London,can't fault them,the guy I dealt with was Alex,he spent 2 .5 hrs showing me over the vehicle and completing paper work,threw in model car,umbrella ,bag,cd case,chrome handbrake,GB number plate,finance team also helpful ,in the end got myself 0% (not via dealership)
Ordered car 25/9/03 due for delivery17/11/03,infact arrived 13/11/03.
I think they are the only wholly owned dealership of BMW UK so can probably get cars more quickly.

If you use them tell Alex I recommended you to him !
I would use them again

·
Moderator & Sponsor
534 Posts
I had written this long detailed message PRAISING Morristown MINI but pulled it because THEY ARE TOO GOOD!! Honestly I got sooo much from them in terms of service and "stuff" that I didn't want to put anybody's job on the line by posting all the details. But if anybody wants to know "what" exactly they did, I saved my original message intended for this thread and will PM it to anybody that wants. Public but not too public. :D

21 - 40 of 296 Posts
About this Discussion
295 Replies
225 Participants
pencarrow
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing