MINI Cooper Forum banner

41 - 60 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Benham MINI Wolverhampton

Hi, I recently ordered my new MINI from Benham Wolverhampton and I also have a friend who has bought 2 MINI's off them, the sales people there are Wayne and Joanne and I know when she has had a problem they have been absolutley excellent they could not be more helpful and friendley! She had a problem with her dash rattling so they picked the car up from her house dropped her off the demo MINI and delivered her MINI back to her!!!!! So far for me the service has been second to none, keep up the good work Benham! :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
Lauderdale Mini (Florida USA)

I have been dealing with Lauderdale Mini in Florida for well over a year now, and my family has purchased not only one, but two MCS's from them. My motoring advisor Debra Sullivan was very helpful and patient throughout the entire ordering and waiting process, always offering welcome advice. When i picked up my IB/W MCS recently the entire staff went above and beyond to make the delivery the most enjoyable car buying experience i have ever had. When i walked into the showroom my car was the first thing i saw, covered in bows (i picked it up right after christmas). Debra walked me through all the paperwork then spent well over an hour explaining all of the car's features and gladly answered any questions that i asked. Just before driving the car out of the showroom i was given a few "gifts" of my choosing from Debra and an "Engagement Gift" from the dealership as i had recently become engaged! All in all my experience at Lauderdale Mini could not have been better! I highly recommend Debra and the entire Lauderdale Mini staff, and should you stop by tell them Andrew from Orlando sent you!

·
Registered
160 Posts
johnlondonw3 said:
I was ready to place an order with Park West,and part exchange my car ,they never bothered to ring me back with a price for my car so have now placed order with Park Lane.
Well, I have placed my order through Park West (Chiwick) and the sales team have been really helpful, been out for several test drives (just to make sure of course ;)). I assume that sales staff are keen to get the sale, will get a better picture of the service once I've I've handed over the cash!

·
Registered
425 Posts
I am due to pick up my MCS this thursday from Park Lane Mini in London. I have been dealing with Alex there, and he has been great so far. However, I did mention that I would not be upset if he sneaked a set of rubber winter floor mats in, but it doesnt look like Im going to get much in the way of freebies. They have been very polite and helpful and I would recomend them to anyone considering buying a Mini in London.

All the best,

Adam

·
Aimee
256 Posts
I bought my Mini from Fairfield County Mini, which is in Stamford, Connecticut (where I live). :)

I have NO complaints, whatsoever. I had a great dealer, Fabrizio Reda (I hope I spelled that right), who was a really nice guy and a huge help right from the start. You can tell that he really loves Mini's! :D

I'll go into details... I ordered my car in June and we got it in August. When we picked it up, it was under one of the black covers, and Fabrizio first pressed the lock button on the key, and you could see the lights blink from underneath the cover. Then he lifted up the cover in the back, and said "Hello little Mini, your family has come for you" in his cute Italian accent. Then he asked me if it was a boy or a girl, and I said it was a boy. And then he pulled off the cover, exposing my brand new Mini Cooper! :D Then he showed me how to work everything, and gave me some red roses. It was just such a wonderful car-buying experience that I don't think I would have recieved anywhere else! I love Fairfield County Mini (and especially Fabrizio)!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've had the worst MINI experience.. and I've yet to buy one.

After many recommendations, I went with Hank Aaron MINI in Atlanta, GA. I emailed the specs to the saleswoman. After a while going back and forth, we spoke on the phone. She quoted $24k as the "drive-off" price, and then sent me to Financing to find interest and monthly payments. The payments were great! $340 for 36 months!

A while later, math kicked in, and I realized that $340 x 36 != $24k.

I called back the next day and went back over the figures. The saleswoman said "Oops, I must've misstated the price. The drive-off price is $26783." What?!

Even better, the Finance person had me down for "MINI Select Financing", which is some ripoff where you make payments on the car for say 36 months, and at the end of that time, you still owe them for half the car! "Oh, after that's so you can choose to make the full payment or to refinance." The second Finance person seemed sympathetic, and told me the GM or the Sales Manager would call me back. They didn't.

Today, I called the Sales Manager. She said she'd "look at the figures" and "get back to me."

I talked to her again today, and she finally had some figures for me. Bad ones. She again quoted a high price, even after she'd removed some options. The monthly payments were still outrageous, even after I'd convinced her that I really did want to own the vehicle I was buying. She treated the MSRP as holy. "Oh, we can't go lower than the MSRP." I thanked her and hung up.

Later, I checked her math. It turns out she was applying the interest rate to the total amount of the car, and not to the amount after my $5k down payment. That would've made the difference! Better yet, if she'd shaved just $900 off the price, it would've come within the range I targeted for payments.

The question is, do I continue to work with these people, given they're either incompetent or deliberately misleading, or do I give up on getting a MINI?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
MINI Dealer in Austin, Texas

I just learned that BMW of Austin is opening its MINI dealership in Austin this summer! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Unxmaal said:
The question is, do I continue to work with these people, given they're either incompetent or deliberately misleading, or do I give up on getting a MINI?
Stiffed you once, stiffed you twice and you want to go back for a third try? :confused:

There's apparently many dealers willing to milk it, er you, for all it's worth. Fortunately there is also a fair number that will treat you with good (or even great) service and kindness and they will charge MSRP. Although I've just begun to research my Mini purchase, I've been blessed to have a well regarded dealer right near me (Lauderdale Mini) that charges MSRP and provides excellent service.

Another dealer that has come up in my research is Hamptons Mini in New York. I don't know their pricing, but I do know that they ship anywhere in the US for $500. There's also a thread over in the Model Specific/Cooper forum that deals with out of state purchases. Check here: Take Control and go out of state

Patience will win you a really wonderful experince, and more importantly a great car.

Jim

P. S. Here's the link for Mini of the Hamptons

P. S. S. Based on some further reading, you will still want to be on guard when dealing with anyone. You can look at this thread for more details.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Blue Bell Wilmslow, Williams Manchr, Bridgegate Derby

bought a cherished One from Blue Bell in June 03 - very helpful, good deal etc etc :)

been to Williams a few times for info, test drives, service dept work - always v. good :)

Bridgegate Service Dept is v.good :) their sales staff are RUBBISH :mad: - dont return calls, think the mouldings marks on the rear light lenses are stone chips, sit in their 'office' chatting, reading mags and supping coffee

.... in reference to earlier comments regarding gender differences, my observation is that the fellas seem to have generally given me & my girlfriend A1 service whereas the female MINI staff I've encountered have been F (for fail) 0 (out of 10) :bad:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Proper JOB

Just had 1st service done @ Rydale ( oldbury ), Excellent alround. Everything explained car washed & vacuumed and re booked for minor warrantee work.

Very pleasant experience.

·
u just love your mini's
154 Posts
hiya all
went to trainer in swansea ........ said i need 2 make an appointment ......pmsl
so went 2 green bower the same day .....their loss lol

got my mini from green bower in south west wales

had a few problem when i picked it up
1, black trim round the inside of the window was coming away
2, sunroof making a noise
... no problem ...had it done week later
gave me a mini one with a tank full of gas
.... had it back a day later
they offer 2 drop it back to me
said "no i rather drive it myself"
...... got home sunroof ok
the next day it start up again.. same old noise
rang them...... no problem they said " we put a new one on" as in complete new sunroof
gave me a mini diesel......slow slow slow lol... full tank again
the service has been second 2 none .... steve the guy who i been sorting thing out with been the best
i feel the problem will be sorted out these time

·
Registered
8,876 Posts
MINI of Fairfield County

I purchased my '02 MCS DS/W from MINI of Fairfield County. The staff of "Motoring Assistants" was top drawer all the way, especially Peter Braun. Peter is a MINI/Mini person from way back. He has probably owned more Minis than anyone else in the USA.

The whole staff were very helpful and always very pleasant to deal with. Once we got down to setting the final specifications it was all very easy, we simply downloaded my favorite one that I had configured on the MINI USA.com site in their "design your own" section. What could have been easier.

There was no haggling over price, it was exactly as it was on the web site. No additions, forced options, fabric or paint sealers, no BS. A very pleasant experience. The 6 month wait was excruciating, but at last my MCS arrived. The car has been everything that I hoped for and maybe even more.

However!!!!!!!!!! There is always a "However."

As nice and above and beyond as the "motoring assistants" are the service department at BMW of Darien manage to suck all of the joy of ownership out of the deal. I suppose if all that I needed them to do was to change my oil they might, just might, be able to handle it. That is not the case.

I had ordered the factory roof rack and it was the first one the dealer had installed. The installer managed to gouge the paint on the roof in two spots while drilling for the mounting bolts. Instead of telling me straightaway that they had a problem, the service people slapped on some cheap touch-up paint and said nothing. Nothing to the "motoring assistants" and nothing to me. It wasn't until I was taking off the rack, after I had driven home, that I discovered the scratches. A 1 hour drive back to the dealer to show them the problem and get assurances that it would be taken care of, OK. The agreed solution was to have the roof re-painted at the first service, 10,000 miles. No problems.

By the time of the first service the drivers seat had developed a squeek and this was added to the list of things to correct. At the scheduled first service I was given a courtesy car, a MINI Cooper w/CVT. Nine days later I was called and told that my baby was ready to pick up. I returned to the dealer to pick up my baby. Upon inspecting the roof I found several of the gaskets, located under the roof rack bolts, to be out of position. I showed this to the "customer service representative" and pointed out that without the gaskets in position there would be a leak. He agreed. I offered to keep the courtesy car and indicated that they should call me when my car was properly fixed. I wanted to get my car back, but I as not going to rush them, I just wanted the job done correctly. The "customer service representative" (and I use that term in the loosest possible way) informed me that I would have to return the courtesy car and return home in my car. If there were any problems I would have to call the dealer the next business day and make new arrangements.

This had happened on a Saturday so I had a long time to inspect my baby, with a vengence and better light. The gaskets were only the tip of the iceberg. I found:

1. Three gaskets out of place
2. Dust specks in the new roof paint
3. White paint on the leather shift knob and steering wheel
4. A water stain on the fabric upholstery of the drivers seat
5. Several large greasy foot prints on the passanger floor mat
6. A missing upholstery clip on the drivers seat, lost while replacing the seat frame
7. White paint residue from wet sanding inside the door openings, under the bonnet, under the boot, in body panel seams, and in the rain gutters

Monday came and calls were made. Arrangements were made for yet another hour trip to the dealer. Another courteys car was provided. A list was made of the items to be corrected, the service assistant was shown each and all of the problems.

Approximately one week later I called to check on the status of my baby and was told that it was finished and that I could come down to pick it up. Yet another hour trip to the dealer only to find that two of the gaskets were still out of place, the paint was still on the steering wheel and shift knob, the greasy foots print were still there. Now, quite beside myself. I called over the "customer service assistant" and requested to see his manager.

The manager, after being shown the gaskets, hand and foot prints agreed that there was a problem. I told the manager of my concerns about water getting around the mis-placed gaskets and my concern about the painted gaskets being to hard to seal against the roof.
He agreed. I suggested that he order a new set of gaskets, remove the bolts, fix the paint on the roof and re-install the bolts. This was agreed to. I left in the courtesy car and awiated their call.

Approximately two weeks later I receiced a call telling all was well and my baby was ready to be picked up. An hours drive to the dealer and suprise, suprise. My baby was finally fixed. We had a very pleasant re-aquaintence drive home.

Then there is the clicking steering column. Arrangements were made to have it replaced, parts ordered, and a courtesy car to be provided. Drive to the dealer in evening rush hour traffic. NO courtesy car! We have a BMW courtesy car but we can't give that to you (you only have a MINI and are not worthy). Drive home in heavier rush hour traffic trying to avoid letting the "road rage" take over. Call the dealer the next day and can only reach "voice mails" and do not receive return calls.

Finally get thru to "customer service assistant", big appologies for my inconvienence about lack of courtesy car. We straighten out what is supposed to be done; steering column replacement, drivers seat squeeking again, minor water leak on inside of boot window/screen, and installation of rear fog light switch and re-programming computer. Saturday I drive to the dealer again to drop off my baby.

I tell the serv. ass. that I MUST have my baby back no later than 3-27-2004 because I have already scheduled to do the RDR II meet and drive. The serv. ass. assures me that it will be ready either Tuesday or Wednesday. Well, now it is Thursday afternoon and my baby is NOT ready. Why am I not supprised? It is promised for Friday. Ohhhh joy! I get to spend an hour each way in Friday rush hour traffic. Just stay out of my way!!!!! Don't tick me off! :mad:

In summation. MINI of Fairfield County, Connecticut, USA is a great place to buy your MINI, just don't use the parent BMW of Darien, Connecticut, USA for service. :(

P.S.
The car was finished on Friday and I picked it up.
1. The rear fogs were installed and my programming was not lost.
2. The squeek in the drivers seat was still there, maybe worse than before, at least as bad
3. The car had been cleaned inside and out, very nice job, even the wheels
4. The floor mats were replaced, not at my request, have not seen the invoice
5. The water leak in rthe boot could not be duplicated, OK, I can understand that
6. The "click" in the steering column is gone
7. Have not checked the upholstery clip under the drivers seat yet

At least I will have my baby for the RDR II :D

·
Old user out of touch
39 Posts
Bmw-mini

I just have to make another commendation for Ralph Schomp MINI in Littleton, Colorado, USA.
I took the Cooper in for the first Inspection I service on Wednesday last week. I have to say WOW. These guys are so festideous and the attention to detail is supurb! Customer service is above reproach. I mentioned a couple of things to check while in and not only did they find the problems with my niggles, they found others that I can't believe MINI is attending to. (Bad horns, oh they worked alright by me but didn't sound proper to the service technician) (bad rear washer jet, again worked but not correctly) They always treat me as though I had spent $90,000 on a 760iL or something. The loaner was perfect and I was kept informed as to the progress. It turns out that they had to order a couple of things to complete this work but, who cares.... They scheduled me for a loaner upon my return this week and I actually look forward to my trips to Ralph Schomp.
I am sure the service Advisor, Ian Krautz has the most to do with my experience. I can't recommend him highly enough.
You should love your experience with Ian and Anthony at RSMINI!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
NW Mini in Fife Washington. 5 star rating! Knowledgable and very helpful.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Williams Mini, Manchester

Noticed cracked windscreen in bottom corner, drivers side, took it in to sales side, manager said 'stone chip', I thought b*ll*cks ---- he said try bodyshop next door; man there said 'stone chip', I said dont think so and he agreed to ask BMW about a warranty repair. They called me couple of days later to say OK for warranty repair, booked it in got it back cleaned in and out. Top marks to Williams, but need to be firm with them.
.......and the lads at work said I'd never get a windscreen replaced on warranty!! :D

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
I havent dealt with them yet over service/after sales etc, but Klosters BMW have definately earned a 10 out of 10 for ability, knowledge, customer satisfaction and assistance with inquiries.

Car arrives Mid June. I hope this excellent service continues :D

·
Letting the days go by
890 Posts
Pompey dealer chugs large

Any of you who have seen my recent posts will know that I've not had the best run of luck of late :rolleyes: and it would seem my dealer just wants to add to it...

SO. Needed a car in a hurry, cherished, due to aforementioned unforseen circumstances. Searched on the web - found something that was in our budget, local(ish) and roughly the spec we wanted. Went to see it on the thursday night, test drive, spoke to salesman, explained situation and run of events, found out about comfort programming (already done, apparently), follow me home lights, options list, Pepper pack (more on this later), agreed we'd be back at 1400 the following day to do the paperwork...

Arrived 1355, so a little bit early, only to be told that our Salesman was at the DVLA getting tax etc sorted. Ok, so it happens. Hang on a second, our car doesn't need tax, the guy knew we were coming so where is he :confused: ? Dealer principle says that he has been stuck there for the last 3 hours, but should be back shortly...

20 mins later, still sat round waiting for someone to deal with us. Starting to get a bit frustrated as had explained to the Salesman the night before that we needed to get away fairly sharpish as was travelling that afternoon to a charity bash :(

Dealer principle comes over after about a further 10 mins and says that he'll start the paperwork, which he does, after moaning that he doesn't know anything about the deal (Thinks Dealer Principal = in the know :confused: )... until his wife arrives to collect HER new car at which point we are abandoned again... :mad:

Our salesman arrives back, apologetic. He's been stuck at the DVLA for the past two hours (Thinks, hang on he said 3 hours?). You knew we were coming and in a hurry so why didn't you get someone else to be ready for us = BLANK EXPRESSION :rolleyes:

Anyway, get paperwork done tout suite and then drive off without the customary tour of car etc as we are now running late... :mad:

Car is FANTASTIC :D :p Love it to death, couldn't be happier. :) Mini2 round Britain run next day, fantastic, thanks for the opportunity to join albeit briefly Max, and big Bravo Zulu to those who did the whole run!

So, over the weekend, discover the following:

i) Comfort programming NOT programmed
ii) Follow me home lights not programmed
ii) Pepper pack spec is different because this is an older car. OK, I'd been been looking at new cars and the dealer knew this, so why didn't he point out the differences, could be my fault for not checking. ASSUME = ASS + U + ME

Anyway, car gets chipped windscreen :( - when is this going to end, I ask myself? Dealer quotes £186 and change fitted inc VAT :( but as the car is due a Valet anyway (they didn't have a chance to do it before we took delivery) decide to get all done in a oner.

Speak to salesman about points i), ii) & iii) above, he's very apologetic, and... well, that's it. So, leave car ask for the comfort programming to be done, lights sorted, Valet and Windscreen replacement.

Good news, MCS loaner for the day with all the toys (tried not to get too attached, as this is the car I originally wanted :rolleyes: ) Great car. 'Nuff said.

So, go to collect my car. Bill now £225 and change, seems the comfort programming etc is billable. Disbelief. I am now paying extra for somethin I was told the car already had, and they didn't check it was OK to do so... Unfortunately genetics kicked in and being British I coughed up... despite my verbal (and profanity free :p ) protest it seems thems the breaks...

Get outside with Salesman and my Celtic blood rebels. Express my dissatisfaction, in no uncertain terms... get an apology and... well, that's it.

So get in my car before I let rip at the Salesman, and head home. Head of steam building. Only to then notice that in valetting my car they've removed my MINI2 Round Britain sticker from the rear screen. :mad: :mad: :mad:

My frustration largely stems from a number of things:

i) They didn'y have to go through any hoops to sell me this car - I wanted it so it was a no brainer and virtually no cost of Sale, yet no effort was made to entice my business anyway
ii) They made no effort to point out any factors that might have swayed my decision and pointing out spec changes I would get with an older car
iii) They effectively lied to me, and then charged me for it without obtaining my permission
iv) They then proceeded to delay me, when I had explained that I needed to be away promptly
v) The dealer priciple had no idea, or indeed no interest in our deal (walking off to talk to his wife takes the biscuit in my mind)
vi)Rather than check on stuff like the car sticker they just removed it

I am VERY annoyed.

.... But I love my car :whblack: :)

41 - 60 of 296 Posts