MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[Ordered mc on 19/03. Changed spec on 10/04 after thinking about it. Went to pick up car on 27?07 and guess what? The dealer had speced the car wrongly. We have now to wait untill mid sep to get the car. They have lent us a car till we get ours, but the dealers management have not contacted us as requested. We are paying a loan for a car we do not have. If it wasn't for the salesman we would go else where, anyone had simillar probs and did the dealer compensate you?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Why are you paying for a loan when you haven't had the car delivered?
I know that I didn't start paying for the car until a month after delivery date. You've been done over by the finance department.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
id be SCREWING if this happened to me - it still might ive got that feeling....and as for signing the changed speced sheets - i didnt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was not asked to sign anything - have a copy of the original order, but when it was changed I never received a copy, only now when this has happened have I received/signed a copy of T&C's and a copy of order. Paying for the loan as I went elsewhere for it rather than through dealership. Manager has supposed to be ringing me to apologise now for a week - and was told he would ring today - still nothing. If I hadnt been loaned a car from them (as I sold mine b4) I would have gone elsewhere.

Do you think I am right asking for compensation?

TIA

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The original order I placed in March and I was told I had 8 weeks b4 del to change the order - which I did in April. I changed the colour (which was correct and was the only thing to be changed correctly), I also changed the A/C, stereo/cd, Isofix, colour of interior, bonnet stripes and apart from the colour everything else was per the first spec.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had this problem, I changed from part leather seats to cloth seats (as im a tight git) about 3 months before delivery. I wasnt asked to sign anything, and when the car turned up it had the part leather. I tried to get them for free but the deaer wasnt having any of it, and I couldnt be bothered to wait until they could get and fit the cloth seats (and I prefered the part leather) so I stuck with them. Got a poncy mug and cap from the dealer as compensation!!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
So you added air con, cd and the other stuff to your spec and it hadn't been on the original order? Was this over the phone?
Hope it's sorted out to your satisfaction. :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
I've heard of the wrong colour roof and missing MFSW (2 different cars at same dealer), but this is in a different league!

It just smacks of total dealer incompetance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was in the dealership when I placed the original order and when I changed it - the one and only time - I was also in the dealership, the salesman even entered it on the computer whilst we were there!!! Never did any of it over the phone.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
scarrotts mini said:
I was in the dealership when I placed the original order and when I changed it - the one and only time - I was also in the dealership, the salesman even entered it on the computer whilst we were there!!! Never did any of it over the phone.
Well then, it is totally the dealers fault. My local dealer now ring customers a couple of days before the order is sent to the factory to check that the order is still correct :) He said it was simply that waiting times were that long that lots of people changed their mind while waiting. I think similar things must have happened there ;)
At least they have given you a car to use until they sort out a replacement for you.
Good luck
:)

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
Ahh on my first order, the cooper, the first salesperson on spec change didnt get me to sign a new contract, which they should. the new salesperson on my mcs, always does!!!!!!!!!! she even posts it (i should hope so tho bein how muhc a car costs)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
RobHardyUK
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing