MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What experiences do people have with the dealers?
I live in the south east and would be grateful to her from anyone who has something to say about the dealers in this part of the country.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I bought mine from Bury St Edmunds, the dealers there were excellent, no complaints. Also they have been very good at responding to any problems i've had. Go and buy one! You know you want to!!!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I was buying mine from Bates in Romford but they mucked me around sooo much that I changed to Stephen James and they have been good so far

·
Registered
247 Posts
Don't touch Barons of Farnborough with a barge pole. When my replacement arrives I'll be using Royal Ascot from now on, they seem much better and well informed, and most importantly honest!

I've also been told Woods of Odiham are very good.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Derek Woodmans of Blackpool

The sales guy's there are really good, well informed and very honest. If you live north of Blackpool pay them a visit.......tbc

Mark

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I quiet agree with Varse, Barons of Farnborough were truly awful. After recently finding this web-site and going through the earlier posts I found out that Mini One owners with the Salt Package on early built cars were entitled to a refund as the height adjustable seat was not fitted. After 5 months of owning my car I phoned Barons of Farnborough and was greeted with a "Oh didn't we phone you!" response. Pretty unimpressed.

However Barons in Romford worked out pretty well when it came to fixing the teething problems associated with early build cars (they did have 1.5 weeks to do the work in as I was on holiday).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Kinda agree with Varse that Royal Ascot are good but then the salesman moved to Guildford and they went downhill from there. They didn't have a dedicated mini person and the BMW guys weren't bothered (not enough commission I suppose).It may be better now (ordered my car in late Oct). We dropped Royal Ascot in favour of Altwood in Taplow and they have been excellent.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Royal Ascot do indeed have a dedicated MINI guy called Luke, and there is another who I haven't met yet, also called Luke!
He seemed very nice, and well informed/knowledgeable. I'll wait and see, but for the time being looks promising.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sounds very much like the Shrewsbury dealers Godfrey Hall, Red_Cooper!!!!!

We are soooooooooo glad that we bought our Silbee from Benham in Wolverhampton and don't mind doing the 80 mile round trip to go and see them, they have been fantastic to us both before and after buying our MINI!

Shrewsbury is only a 20 mile round trip but you would never catch us going to such an unfriendly dealership! Last time we went in for a brochure we were scowled at by the main salesperson and told to go to the parts department! However, the young lad that works alongside this particular salesperson there is really friendly but he is always stuck in local shopping centres displaying the cars on his own! :mad:

The Dodgers

·
Registered
391 Posts
Sewells in Bishops Stortford

I brought my Mini one for Sewells in Bishops Stortford, and I have to say that I have been really happy with them. I Know Smartbomb did not get on with them, but I suppose everyone is different. I have had a few problems with my car, and they have been superb through out. I have been down there today and have spent about 1 and a half hours talking with there service manager about the problems and he went through the best way to get the fixed. I think that BMW customer service is superb. :D :cool: :D

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Re: Avoid Rydale Newport

Red Cooper said:
If I were a buyer in S Wales I would avoid Rydale Newport.

If you need to get your car in this area, go to Rydale Cardiff (Smiffy likes it!! :))or even Bristol (can't remember the name of the dealership there).
:mad:
Rydale Cardiff have been brilliant up until now (touch wood) :D :D :D Always helpful always willing to have a chat over tea or coffee & always try to answer my questions. Im suprised they havent banned me from the showroom the amount of times ive been there :D :D :D (& my MINI has been on order since 7.08.01 :eek: :eek: :eek: )
The MINI dealer in Bristol is **** Lovett I think :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Tim,
Glad you had decent service from Sewells in Bishop's Stortford. I have found them as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike...!

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
I highly recomend Elms MINI in Bedford if you live any where near.

I am in Milton Keynes, my fiance is getting her MINI from there, and I am on their 'S' list.

Very enthusiastic, and their MINI showroom is getting close to completion.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Sewells

smartbomb said:
Tim,
Glad you had decent service from Sewells in Bishop's Stortford. I have found them as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike...!
Hi, If you think Sewells are bad, you should buy a car from me!!!!! You would think they are bloody marvelous!!!!:D :cool:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Oxford Mini

Have just bought Oxford Mini's Demo Works Cooper S and all I can say is ACE!!!

1) Got a good price on my 02 Cooper S
2) They shopped around to get a good finance package for me
3) Cherished plate swapped with no hassle
4) Works price was reduced to help me buy
But best of all Sarah in sales was a pleasure to deal with. All the staff there were good but Sarah was excellent.

PS from looking at the car to picking it up only took 9 days which I also thought was good.
My wife wants a Cooper Convertible in 18mths and I know were we will be going.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts