MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Neddytastic
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike

I've seen on another thread that you kindly offered to send an instruction sheet with pics for a R56 clear repeater install. You've done it now appearing helpful :D cos here come a load of newbie questions! :D

I'd like to pop out my orange headlight lenses (seen the thread on 2nd gen coop exterior forum by JpMcC) and replace with clear bulbs. Then it got me thinking...

I've got standard non-xenon headlights and wouldn't mind giving myself a bit more light when dipped. What's the difference between the Osram silverstars and the powerbulbs?

I'd also like to replace the rear lights with the silver NewMINIStuff.com - can you provide me with an instruction sheet for that one too - is it relatively easy to do?

I'd also like to change the repeaters - NewMINIStuff.com - what's the difference between silvertec and prism bulbs?
Again, would you be able to provide instructions on how to change? Is it relatively easy?

I'd probably end up going for the silver/mesh ones - jeez, this is getting more expensive the more I'm browsing your site... :D NewMINIStuff.com ... Again, do they come with a few instructions?

Probably also get some puddle lights... again, come with instructions?

Thanks Mike. Sorry for the barrage of questions. Hope you can help and an order will be soon following.

J

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
I've got standard non-xenon headlights and wouldn't mind giving myself a bit more light when dipped. What's the difference between the Osram silverstars and the powerbulbs?
The powerbulbs look blue when off - but both the same when on

I'd also like to replace the rear lights with the silver NewMINIStuff.com - can you provide me with an instruction sheet for that one too - is it relatively easy to do?
Just pop off the chrome trim (use a plastic trim tool) then you will see the screws that hold it in :)
I do have a set of ex display case of these. I can do you them for £100 + vat - one of them has a slight mark - if you did't know it was there you wouldnt notice it

I'd also like to change the repeaters - NewMINIStuff.com - what's the difference between silvertec and prism bulbs? silvertec look silver when off, prism look blue when off. The prism are brighter when on so would use them
Again, would you be able to provide instructions on how to change? Is it relatively easy?
Very easy - open bonnet, slide side vent forward & out, twist out bulb holder, change bulb, slide side vent back into place
I'd probably end up going for the silver/mesh ones - jeez, this is getting more expensive the more I'm browsing your site... NewMINIStuff.com ... Again, do they come with a few instructions?
They come with instructions in the box but see the above
Probably also get some puddle lights... again, come with instructions?
Just bulbs for existing lights? - look under door pop out the light, swap bulb :)

·
Neddytastic
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks Mikey. You're very helpful.

I'll probably just order some replacement bulbs and change the repeaters for the moment. Order coming later on today!

Thanks again J

1 - 3 of 3 Posts