MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Nurburgring Survivor
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I specced my replacement MCS yesterday and I'm thinking that the 6-8 week wait left is going to be tough. Someone had to start a thread on this, so has anyone else specced their car for December build/delivery?

My Spec

Mini Cooper S BEP/BEP

Chilli Pack
  • Xenons
  • 1/2 Leather (replacing)
  • 17" S Spokes (replacing)
  • Front Fogs

Inside
  • Athracite Headlining
  • Chrome
  • Multifunction Steering Wheel
Outside
  • Debadged
  • Tints

Aftermarket Plans - first month

• 4 Spots
  • Milltek Exhaust
  • K&N Typhoon Induction Kit
  • BBRGTI 220 BHP upgrade
  • IPOD installation
  • Newton Commercial's Full Leather Kit
  • BK299 18" Chrome Rims

I'm going to colour code the arches but I might get a body kit done at the same time and I'm still looking for quotes.

Anyway, what are your plans?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm in:

PW/B MC
Anthracite Headliner
Chrome Line Exterior (dealer swapping chrome mirror caps for black)
Cold/Premium Pkgs.
DSC
CVT
16" 5-Stars
Front Fog Lamps
Rear Fog Lamps
Xenon Headlamps w/Power Wash
Rain Sensing Wipers and Auto Dim Mirror
Sport Seats
Black Leatherette
Chrome Line Interior
Anthracite Interior
H/K Sound
Driving Lamps
Black Bonnet Stripes
Auxiliary Audio Input
Alarm System
Aero Spoiler

Currently scheduled for week49 (first week of December?) but no firm production date yet. Ordered at the beginning of September and was hoping for a Merry Xmas, but it doesn't look like that's in the cards. :(

Oh, well...I'm starting to think the wait is half the fun! (though I've added about $600 worth of options while I've been waiting)

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'm hoping it will be a merry christmas in D.C. with above average temps. :D. My spec which is in production and should be built by Nov 19th. (Woo hoo! looks like a merry christmas for me this year :D)

Cool Blue/Black MCSC
Black bonnet stripes
17" Bullit w/ HP run flats
Dark Blue leather interior
Cold package
Premium package
Sport package
Chrome exterior pkg
Rain sensing wipers/auto dim
Garage door opener
Rear fogs

After market:

Whalen shift knob (already in my possession ). Now I just need a car to attach to it. :p

·
Baruch Yeshua
67 Posts
My MC is in production week 48, which I think is the last week of November. But I have not seen anyone else in the November thread that said they have week 48.

I should be getting my MC just before christmas.

Joshua

·
Baruch Yeshua
67 Posts
Just got moved to production week 49 :( which means I will now be in the December production group. Which is the week of december 6.

Joshua

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
bit of a strange request, is there anyone in the December production Group that has specc'ed the Boost Cassette HU, that might be interested in helping me out?

I am looking for someone to upgrade to a CD HU, and I'll give them the difference in price and my Boost cassette unit, so they get what they wanted to order originally and get to help me out. Anyone feeling helpful?:)

·
Rallye On Dude!
74 Posts
between two worlds ....

I am still scheduled for completion in week 48 which is next week, but still no specific prduction start date. I have been told that it takes about a week to produce the car, so I need the start date soone or I fall into week 49. Vader will ship in December...

Still just a havenot waiting to become a have .....

·
Baruch Yeshua
67 Posts
Yes! Finally started production today. My MINI will be finished on Dec 1

I ordered it on Oct. 20, so it has been on order for a month.

Looks like I might get my MINI during finals week, I will have to make sure it isn't too much of a distraction from studying for my finals.

Joshua

·
Rallye On Dude!
74 Posts
We start next week!!!

Well it is really getting close..... Tonight I got my VIN, and I am told that I am on deck to start production...

Looks like Vader will be starting down the birth canal next Monday or Tuesday. Of course the OL still says On order, but things should start to happen now. Expected to complete on 30 NOV looks like we will ship on the Liberty on 03DEC or the Resolve on 06 Dec with any luck!

Huzah! Huzah! ... now wheres me cup of lime and grog.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is anyone getting confirmed December production dates?

I ordered a Mini 10/8 that is supposed to be a December build. On 10/28 I got a production number but still do not have a confirmed production date. Only December production dates I have seen in this thread are borderline or bumped November builds.

Anyone getting their December build dates?

·
Baruch Yeshua
67 Posts
The on-line tracker on mini usa owner's lounge updated this morning with my car in production AND a VIN number!! :)

Must be getting close

Joshua

·
Baruch Yeshua
67 Posts
phoggberg said:
Hey Trumpets, Vader is also moving down the production line, and I also have a VIN. Looks like our MINI's are going to be litter mates

hehe, litter mates, hehe :)

phoggberg, I really like the color of your mini :) I love black and was considering getting a black one but I live in florida.... might just get a little too hot. So instead I went with the silver body and will get the black bonnet stripes and I have the black/anthricite interior with the crome :)

I also love the name of your MINI "Vader" fits it well, all you need now is just a light saber to hang from the rear view mirror in case some Jedi tries to break into your car, then you could slice him up :D

Joshua

·
Rallye On Dude!
74 Posts
Trumpets said:
hehe, litter mates, hehe :)

phoggberg, I really like the color of your mini :) I love black and was considering getting a black one but I live in florida.... might just get a little too hot. So instead I went with the silver body and will get the black bonnet stripes and I have the black/anthricite interior with the crome :)

I also love the name of your MINI "Vader" fits it well, all you need now is just a light saber to hang from the rear view mirror in case some Jedi tries to break into your car, then you could slice him up :D

Joshua
Silver and black will look very nice ... befitting a young knight of Tutonic origin going to do battle with the road samuri.... Have you named him/her yet?

I spent alot of time obsessing over the color combinations, and when I finally made a choice, and informed my better half, she exclaimed, oh a little Darth Vader -- so she really named him -- which is unusual, because I am the SicFi freak, and she can't stand the stuff. But when I heard her say it, I knew it was right!

He will have white offset racing stripes on the Boot and Bonnet (after I get it) the same as my MGB (check the link), and eventually three Cibie Oscar Driving lights -- two driving, and a pencil beam (which will be his Light Saber, "an eligent weapon from a more refined time, not as crude as a blaster" for shutting down oncomming miscreants who refuse to dim their light sabers :D ). Black with an anthricte interior, and balck and grey cloth seats. Black to stand out in the snow drifts here, and the cloth seats cause in July and August the sun here is as intense as May and June in South Florida. and a black top.

Well today Vader begins to take form, He should hit the body shop either later today or tomorrow ...

·
Baruch Yeshua
67 Posts
phoggberg said:
Silver and black will look very nice ... befitting a young knight of Tutonic origin going to do battle with the road samuri.... Have you named him/her yet?

I spent alot of time obsessing over the color combinations, and when I finally made a choice, and informed my better half, she exclaimed, oh a little Darth Vader -- so she really named him -- which is unusual, because I am the SicFi freak, and she can't stand the stuff. But when I heard her say it, I knew it was right!

He will have white offset racing stripes on the Boot and Bonnet (after I get it) the same as my MGB (check the link), and eventually three Cibie Oscar Driving lights -- two driving, and a pencil beam (which will be his Light Saber, "an eligent weapon from a more refined time, not as crude as a blaster" for shutting down oncomming miscreants who refuse to dim their light sabers :D ). Black with an anthricte interior, and balck and grey cloth seats. Black to stand out in the snow drifts here, and the cloth seats cause in July and August the sun here is as intense as May and June in South Florida. and a black top.

Well today Vader begins to take form, He should hit the body shop either later today or tomorrow ...
Nope, haven't named him (I think it will be a he) yet. I haven't thought of it much and I was thinking of driving him around for awhile before giving him a name.

haha, I just saw that there is another December production group thread and it is really long. I was wondering why noone was posting on this one, especially in December with all the holidays, I thought alot of people would be getting MINIs. Well, I am going to jump over to the other thread and see what people are saying there.

Joshua

·
Baruch Yeshua
67 Posts
Trumpets said:
haha, I just saw that there is another December production group thread and it is really long. I was wondering why noone was posting on this one, especially in December with all the holidays, I thought alot of people would be getting MINIs. Well, I am going to jump over to the other thread and see what people are saying there.

Joshua

Actually, I just looked at the thread and someone had posted on the 2003 December thread. That is why it is there and I didn't see it before.

Joshua

·
Registered
12 Posts
'Reckon I made it to the right forum

At last......

Greetings fellow Mini owners and future owners,

We put down deposit and ordered our MINI on Monday October 25, 2004. We were told that we could expect delivery at the latest, three weeks into January. The color we wanted, Hyper Blue, made it a few weeks later. I am willing to wait for the right color and the right car. It was an awesome experience to be able to not only special order a car, but my dream car at that. The gentleman that assisted us in this exciting and delicate process was awesome and very helpful. Since the time I went in to test drive, and then three weeks later to place the order, the dealership experience has been like none other I have ever had. My wife and I want our next new car purchase to be another MINI. I have always purchased American cars, what a hassle, commissioned salesman, geesh! I would highly recommend Moritz Mini in Arlington Texas to anyone looking and/or wanting to purchase a MINI.
OH MY GOODNESS!! I am like a child trying to sleep the night before Christmas!! I just wanted to share my experience so far. I am so glad I was able to find a forum, to relate and share, the "MINI experience". Everyone who knows me, just doesn't get as excited as I do, about MINI's!!

Again thank you for allowing me to share such a God sent blessing as my dream car experience has been and will be.

God's Blessings...

MINIhype

·
Rallye On Dude!
74 Posts
MINIhype said:
At last......

Greetings fellow Mini owners and future owners, <...clip...> OH MY GOODNESS!! I am like a child trying to sleep the night before Christmas!! I just wanted to share my experience so far. I am so glad I was able to find a forum, to relate and share, the "MINI experience". Everyone who knows me, just doesn't get as excited as I do, about MINI's!!MINIhype
Greetings MINIhype
Well this is the fanatics corner of the world. If you think you are obsessed, your MA (most places call them salespersons) will soon send you a printout with your order and your order number on it .... now you become psychotically obsessed. You can then log onto the owners lounge, enter your order number, and keep seeing your cars status say "on order" for endless days. This slowly drives you mad as a hatter (welcome to our tea party :rolleyes: ) The OL doesn't get updated very often, its just MINIUSA way to torture us :D This process will drive you certifiable as the rest of us guaranteed!

Then you find out about ASKMINI and making your daily calls you eventually find you have a production week, and then you become really obsessed about tracking your MINI end up in a production group and find out they are a bunch of kooks just like you.... Welcome to the December 2005 production group. Actually people like Trumpets and myself are really in the November production group but we will ship in December so we play in both groups.

You think you are obsessed now, you haven't begun to p*** off friends, family, and work associates yet. Wait till you get a production date! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D :D :D

It's only fair to warn you, be prepared to lose all your previous friends, relative and associates. They will begin to avoid you as every other word out of your mouth is MINI this and MINI that. Still here you will find other addicts, and giving up your past associations at least these people don't run when they hear the word MINI, in fact they encourage such behavior.

While others talk of the war, insurance reform, health care costs, violence in our streets, kids, the mortgage etc you will find that eventually the only thing you add to the discussion is about the MINI. Soon your spouse will take that patient forbearance, and mildly superior attitude while they excuse you in advance to the "civilian" side of the world ;) and explain that you are getting to be just like a kid with this car, but you rarely foam at the mouth, and generally are not violent, and are mostly not a danger to yourself or others. It is not unusual that they will also mention how well modern drug therapy does in these cases, and quietly change the subject to the wonders of modern medicine.

You are now an official pariah, and there is no known cure ... and we welcome you :D At some point you lose touch with the real world and find an alternate reality, discovering a new Zen in the open road, and the path not taken. "Snatch the Pebble from my hand Grasshopper ...." Welcome aboard --- keep your Prozac handy and enjoy the ride :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
phoggberg said:
Greetings MINIhype
Well this is the fanatics corner of the world. If you think you are obsessed, your MA (most places call them salespersons) will soon send you a printout with your order and your order number on it .... now you become psychotically obsessed. You can then log onto the owners lounge, enter your order number, and keep seeing your cars status say "on order" for endless days. This slowly drives you mad as a hatter (welcome to our tea party :rolleyes: ) The OL doesn't get updated very often, its just MINIUSA way to torture us :D This process will drive you certifiable as the rest of us guaranteed!

Thank you very much... Thank you also for the words of humor and encouragement. Oh, I almost forgot to mention, I carry my MINI brochure with me everywhere. :) My wife tells people, "it's his children".

Thank you again...

God's Blessings,

MINIhype

·
Registered
449 Posts
Sent an email to MINI via the OL to verify that the anthracite headliner and rear fogs had been added to my order (they weren't showing on the OL spec) as my build week is coming up (week#49) and I wanted to make sure everything was in order.

Received their reply that not only is my spec correct on their end, but my MINI went into production yesterday (11/23) and is scheduled to be complete 12/3!! This is about two weeks earlier than expected.

Woo Hoo!!! :D

I guess I need to start checking the WW site to see which boat she'll be coming over on.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts