MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh boy, I've got an indi blue/white Mini Cooper on order, but have recently started to like the silver/black!

Ahhhhhh dunno what to do? I've got an order freeze at the end of the week. Should I stick with blue/white or go for silver/black?

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Kinster
go with the Indie, its the dogs danglies.
And the fact that i've got and Indie:D :D
Anyway I passed a Silver/Black one today and in the rain it looked a bit well dull;) were as my Indie just oozed class.
I had to pop into the local Ford dealer to sort out some paperwork for my old Focus and the guys down there were all over the Indie like a Vinny Jones tackle, even to the point that the Senior Sales Manager jumped in and started getting comfy by changing all my seat settings. [email protected]$*!d.

So go with Indie............;)

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Yeah I agree, when I was waiting for my Red/White Cooper to arrive I started wishing I'd ordered Silver/Black instead but when it arrived I knew I'm made the right choice :)

The silver doesn't stand out enough for my taste and it doesn't show off the chrome enough either.

Go with the blue

·
Registered
272 Posts
LOL! hehehe i was in exactly the same position as u kinster, about 2 months ago i ordered a indie blue cooper, but when i saw a silver one on the road and i thought BEAST! so i called in and changed it to silver... hahaah then a about a week later i changed my mind back to blue after looking at some pictures (see the galleries), heheh but then they said it was too late- which i fink was bo**ox because the car had barely been build... so ere i am with my silver and black cooper now, i have no regrets really as there are all nice colours, uc sometimes i even wanna change it to red!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think you`ll find the silver cars are considerably faster....just ask R1!

I actually changed from met black/white to hide some of the chrome bits.

It`s all down to choice really.

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
I can only recommend viewing both colours if possible, I was set on yellow for ages, til I had a look at all the colours on cars. The silver is pretty classy, but I don't like the black roof set against the windows, too much black.
I have finalised my car today and have opted for blue, having seen a couple at the weekend, just think it suits the car superbly.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Imagine you want curry & chips...................

Have half & half :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Silver

Hi,

Picked up our Silver/Black Cooper on Saturday and I think it looks superb. Mind you one reason we ordered Silver/Black was because we wanted the panaromic sunroof and figured the black glass would look better in a black roof if you see what I mean.....

No sunroof and blue/white is pretty tempting :D

Robin

·
Registered
106 Posts
hi,

I personally like all the colours in different ways.

I chose silver/black in the end because the silver tends to hide any small scuffs and nicks very well. Again, wanted the sunroof also so blends in nicely with the black roof.

Somewhere on the forum, i remember someone saying that there bonnet had got stonechipped (indiblue/white) and the paint showed 'white marks' quite badly.

Something worth considering when choosing colour.

On a personal note i think all the metallic colours exude a certain class, whereas the solid colours seem more 'fun'.

Go with your instincts!

lol.

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Kinster said:
Oh boy, I've got an indi blue/white Mini Cooper on order, but have recently started to like the silver/black!

Ahhhhhh dunno what to do? I've got an order freeze at the end of the week. Should I stick with blue/white or go for silver/black?
I would personally go for the Silver/Black. I have seen them both side by side and the Silver looked a lot more refined. The only thing the Blue has going for it IMO is that it is quite rare compared to the Silver.

LMB:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
stick with the blue
In my opinion Red and Blue are the 2 best colours
They have the best contrast so they stand out more

Silver is dull
A white roof is a must

You could save yourself £250 and go chilli Red
I have Red/White cooper and it looks fab

it's up to you
at the end of the day it will still look wicked

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
I went for a silver and black because, apart from them being the fastest ;), I had a dark blue Mondeo ST24 before. Never have that colour again! It looks great, but a few blasts down the motorway and you can see the pepermark stone chips on the front because of the white undercoat. Also, use a brush or a car wash to clean it and when the sun comes out, oooh look at those nice swirly patterned scratches on the paintwork! Still happens on silver but doesn't show. I also think the silver and black gives the car a sense of class.... but that could be my age ;).
At the end of the day, buy what YOU like.;)

Silver, dull it ain't :D

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
I'm gonna stick with blue ! Have seen quite a few silver and black, and doesn't really float my boat. But I agree that if you have a sunroof then upu ought to have a black roof. My current mini is metallic - dark grey, and the paintwork is in great shape, not a motorway blaster myself !

·
Registered
374 Posts
The Mini uses a number of "tricks" which makes choosing a colour quite complicated.

Chrome - this is a major design feature of the car. Silver hides it to some extent - bad if you like chrome - good if you don't.

Wrap around glass - through clever use of black and glass over the pillars. Again, black tends to hide this but black isn't one of your preferred options.

"Floating" roof - the pillar-less glass effect also creates a floating roof unless you choose a black roof. If you like the floating roof - go for blue (or silver with a silver roof). If you don't like the effect - go for silver (or blue with a black roof).

Black lower panels - like a lot of cars, it uses black panels at the bottom of the car (e.g. the sills) to make the car look slimmer. These don't "work" with a black car, but work with your options of blue or silver.

My first choice was for silver. I was previously thinking of a Puma which was designed with silver in mind. I later changed my mind. I do agree with lol - metallics are more classy and solids are more fun. Depends on how you see the Mini. But it looks great in all the colours (except perhaps the light green)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Kinster said:

Decisions, descisions..........

Attachments

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Basil,
You're a bad influence ! I saw that pic somehere and I think it helped me decide !
Received order confirmation in the post this morning, and I'm 100% delighted to have gone for blue !

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
smartbomb said:
Basil,
You're a bad influence ! I saw that pic somehere and I think it helped me decide !
Received order confirmation in the post this morning, and I'm 100% delighted to have gone for blue !
It's a great colour, I have considered it at length for the S. White 17" S-spokes as well perhaps..... I used to HATE white wheels, but on the white roofed cars they really look great.........

That photo was taken at Brisbane BMW.....

:)

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
JV has a blue with white 17s, hopefully will see it sometime. I did see one last week on the road, looked a little weird as it was riding on what looked like satellite dishes ! No offence JV ! There is a pic somewhere of blue on white 17s and I'm not convinced...
I have gone for silevr 17s, mainly cos the silver on blue looks fabulous, and they won't need frequent cleaning.
Each to their own tho'..

1 - 20 of 47 Posts