MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We expected our Mini Cooper chili pack from Damon Hill dealership in Warwick in 3 weeks so my wife has just sold her car to fund the Mini only to be told the next day our mini was going to week 50 build delayed!!! our problem being my car is a 2 seater and we have a 5 week old baby meaning we have no way of getting anywhere my wife asked about a courtesy car while we waited to be fobbed off with some rubbish saying they could not cover the insurance! i have now phoned 4 times every time to be told they are busy and someone will call me back they have not!! what can i do we need a car and i am banging my head against a brick wall.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My Cooper was delayed from 12th Sep (it arrived TODAY!)

Since the end of Sep I have has an Enterprise rental car arranged and paid for by MINI Emergency Services (a service for MINI owners).

I had to suggest this to my dealer before they knew it was available to MINI customers whos cars have been delayed by BMW / MINI.

Check it out and good luck.

PS - www.dave.mcrae.btinternet.co.uk for some shiny pics of my new MINI :)

Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANX BALDIE, excellent advice i will give it a go if i can get anyone to talk to me! Damon Hill dont seem great at getting back to you! by the way like the car the blue looks great with white wheels roof, looks a bit dull with black and silver to me, but then i went for yellow chili with white rims!

Carlos...

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I have my car now but when the delivery was delayed and I had sold my car the dealer did not want to know.
I called BMW customer services (01344 480880)without hesitation they said we will get a hired car to you within 1 hour .They also said that the dealer should have done this,all you pay is the fuel cant say fairer than that.
best of luck.

·
MINI2 prodigal son
2,686 Posts
On 05-11-2001 20:57 baldie wrote:
My Cooper was delayed from 12th Sep (it arrived TODAY!)
. . .
PS - www.dave.mcrae.btinternet.co.uk for some shiny pics of my new MINI :)
Excellent news, Dave :party: I\'m glad you stuck it out through thick and thin. The pics look great too.

I hope your Cooper brings you as much joy as mine :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am sorry to hear this about Damon Hill. I oredered mine from there, and it arrived a week early. They have been really good to me all the way through. Although, this is probably because I used to go in a least twice a week to ask questions. They probably wanted to get rid of me quicker!

B)B)B)B)B)B)B)B)

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Dont buy a used COOPER from Damon Hill. The one careful owner may turn out to be RUSS SWIFT 8D 8D 8D

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
You would think that if Graham Hill thought enough of this dealership to name his only son after it, then it must be a fairly decent place to buy a car. B)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New development! after I was getting no luck at Damon Hill went through BMW customer services, tried the Mini assistance angle they said no , only for Breakdown, then said new cars are delayed from time to time nothing they could do and tough you would have to manage! anyway afer a lot of complaining, saying we now only had a 2 seater car as my wife has now sold hers and a small baby! they backed down and said from the date I was due to pick up my Mini 1st Dec, I could use a courtesy car untill my Mini had arrived. So it is worth persisting.

Carlos......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just phoned Damon Hill dealership today to confirm delivery, to be told it has been put back again went from Definately late Nov, to 2nd week in Dec and today I was told probably before Xmas but not definate.
I have had too chase them up to find this out , they have not kept me informed or apologised at any stage which leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Carlos...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Latest, Damon will get me a courtesy car but are being really petty saying they can only insure the car if i have a £5000 access. I phoned yesterday and my wife phoned, everytime nobody is available and they have not returned either call. Still very poor service !

Carlos..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Must have been lucky....walked in to put a deposit down for a Cooper S & one had been ordered with the wrong spec, so was available for 2 weeks time. I bought it :D Didn't think about how I would get the money & now Im selling it :(

So thumbs up from me for Damon Hill

·
Official MINI2 Fluffer
5,261 Posts
Carlos,

Consider the possibility of cancelling your order from Damon Hill. Worthless dealers should be treated as such. There are some dealers who may have pre-specced cars to your requirements. PM me if you want details.

Most "half-decent" dealers will allow you to insure the courtesy car under your own motor policy to avoid such a punitive excess.

DC

1 - 14 of 14 Posts