MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's one for all you lucky people that are merrily cruising round in your MINIs already...

How long was the wait between placing your order and being given a firm delivery/collection date?

I ordered mine on Jan 19th and was told I would "probably be looking at sometime around the end of March" before I would get my hands on my Cooper (not too vague then ;) ).

Also, when do you find out its registration number? It would be handy to have so I can get some proper quotes for insurance - and then leave me enough time to sell a few body parts to pay for it :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sorry if these seem like a few pointless questions, but as I'm sure you can all understand - I'm excited!! :D :D :D

Ant.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Delivery Time

If you search under "delivery" you should find a few posts about this subject.

I ordered my MINI on 3/12/2001 and car was ready for collection 24/12/2001.

It varies a huge amount from dealer to dealer: a couple of weeks up to 3 months. First MINI I ordered (from another dealer) was 13/8/2001 order date and only ready for collection at end of November.

PS - You shouldn't need the reg number to get an insurance quote.

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
I ordered mine on the 19th November and took delivery on January 23rd. So the guesstimate that your dealer gave would seem about right.

With regards the number plate I didn't know mine until the day before I picked up my car.

LMB:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same kind of timeframe as previous posts.

Ordered a ONE on 3/12/01 and picked up yesterday (30/1/02), Yipee!

Got the reg-plate about 5 days before collection date to enable getting certificate of insurance for road-tax purposes.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies.

Got confirmation from my dealer (ScottHall Leeds) that the guesstimate will be the actual day I get my MINI.

The week's already booked off work so I can rack up some serious miles :D Maybe even get it run-in in a week - who knows ;)

Thanks once again.

Ant

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
ant said:
Thanks for your replies.

Got confirmation from my dealer (ScottHall Leeds) that the guesstimate will be the actual day I get my MINI.

Your Welcome:)

The reason I used the word guesstimate, was because no matter what your dealer says it is. I was originally given a delivery date of the 19th Jan, only to be told two weeks before it was due that it was going to arrive a week early. The week early turned out to be a week late. So I am not saying it won't arrive on the given date, but what I will say is don't take it as set it concrete.

Cheers

LMB:D

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
ant said:
Thanks for your replies.

The week's already booked off work so I can rack up some serious miles :D Maybe even get it run-in in a week - who knows ;)

Thanks once again.

Ant
Ant,

When did you order your MINI and when did you receive your confirmation? I may need to book a month of work!

Cheers

Kinster

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered it on Jan 19th - a Saturday - so I guess the order would have been placed on the following Monday???

I rang my dealer Yesterday (Jan 31st) about something completely different, and it just happened to be mentioned that it was a confirmed date.

So I've got till Feb 14th to finalise my spec... Decisions, decisions :D

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
ant said:
I ordered it on Jan 19th - a Saturday - so I guess the order would have been placed on the following Monday???

I rang my dealer Yesterday (Jan 31st) about something completely different, and it just happened to be mentioned that it was a confirmed date.

So I've got till Feb 14th to finalise my spec... Decisions, decisions :D
I ordered mine on the 13th January and kept ringing the sales guy Kieron the week after changing my spec. He said that they'll be a freeze on my order pretty soon.

When did they say that you have to finalise your spec by 14th Feb?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When did they say that you have to finalise your spec by 14th Feb?
Same time I was told about the delivery date - Jan 31st.

I mentioned that I ws still unsure about one or two options and asked when I had to finalise my spec. I was told I had about two weeks before my MINI would go "finalised spec" (or words to that effect).

Now... Where's that options list gone ;)

Ant

·
MINI2 Master BLASTER!!!!!
1,532 Posts
I think you're looking at a 5-6 week wait m8.
I ordered my MINI cooper on the 27th Of December 2001, delivery is confirmed for the 6th February 2002, and my dealer reckons it will be ready for me to take away on 6th(maybe) but should expect no later than the 8th after a PDI.

I phoned up my dealer a few days ago, and I asked him if it was still coming on the 6th, he said yes, as the date on his screen for my order has not changed (stayed at 6th since I ordered on the 27th Dec). If it does change, he said he would phone me.

But saying that I haven't been given a chassis number yet, but then again I don't know when they do give you that hehehe.

Only 4 days to go, can't wait!!!!!!!!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts