MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before Crimbo, I was told by my dealer that my Shiny new Cooper is build week 3 and should arrive to them on the 28 January. In all of my conversations since they are confident in this date. However, until now I have no chassis number or reg. number. Does this sound right to all you who have already taken ownership, or are at a similar point to me? I can't organise any insurance until I have the Reg...

·
Registered
612 Posts
Week 3 build and 28 arrival is tight. If week three then your chassis number is imminant, the car should take about two weeks to build. So week three is next week, delivery is the week after, see what I mean about tight. Plus once they have it they'll need about 3/4 days to PDI and valet. Expect to drive it away beginning of Feb.

·
Registered
213 Posts
hey there...

good to see another MINI2 forum member from Bristol! :)

The dealers are pretty good with the PDI and delivery process. My car arrived on a Friday and I picked it up a week later. But it was ready from Thurs morning.

The most important thing is to get a Rego number as soon as your car arrives. This way you can get the insurance certificate in parallel with the PDI and preparation of your new car.

Cheers :D

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
My car was a July build and was due to arrive on the 3rd August. It was delayed in arriving due to problems with the seats and eventually I took delivery on the 24th August.

My dealer did however PDI/valet it in approx. 6 hours! You just have to ask nicely :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts