MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I LUV my MINI
117 Posts
Hi Gary

I have a Dension head unit the DH 100. Unfortunately I cannot tell you much about it as I have yet to get it fitted to my MCS. I am waiting for a wiring harness from Halfords as apparently the 05 model which I got this month has the 3 spoke MFSW. I have been re- assured that the Head will work with the Sony adaptor as basically the Dension uses the same sort of plugs as the Sony units. It has a little sort of phono socket on the back of the unit and the MFSW adaptor fits into this then into the new wiring adaptor which Autoleads are testing at the moment.

So far I am impressed with the unit but will give you better info when I get it fitted.
Oh and are you aware of the radio, it doesn't have MW Ithink thats right.
With a 20 gig HDD you shpuld be able to get around 250 albums so no need to keep a vast collection of cd's in the car thats why I bought it. Another option for you to consider is the I-Pod, you can fit an AUX lead in yourself quite easily think the adaptor is around £39.99 from a BMW dealer.

Like I say will give a better review when I have tested Dension unit properley.

:)

·
Making it all better.
93 Posts
Have been looking at these for a while. Just can't afford one :D

It seems like a pretty good unit - has a couple of pre-outs for amps and other useful features. Hadn't realised that there was no MW - I guess five live will be a thing of the past...

It should work with the MFSW using the sony adaptor - it uses the Sony 3.5mm jack interface.

·
I LUV my MINI
117 Posts
I only wish

that the adaptor for my model car was ready so I can put my H/U in........

I originally ordered a harness only to find my model car had round pins not rectangle as I had thought. Then when I read packet it said only for 2 spoke steering wheels. I could have gotten an adaptor and not used the MFSW function while I waited for the new one to come out, but I'm quite lazy and can't be bothered to fit unit twice.....lol

It must be me but everything I have tried to do mod wise to my car has gone wrong from fitting a bonnet scoop to exhaust & had a bit of a nightmare fitting my aero grille.......Only had the car since last Friday.......Think the only thing that went on straight away was the Whalen Shift Knob.....I mean it's not exactly rocket science fitting it.........Errrrr saying that I'm sure it's not perfectly straight when you look at design....he he... :D

·
I want that one in blue..
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the Dension website they provide a link through to connect 2 for the MFSW adaptors.

I emailed them yesterday to confirm which part numbers are needed and I received the following :

"Thank you for your e-mail via the Connects 2 website.

We do indeed have stalk adapters for the Dension unit you mention to connect to a Mini, but they will not work on 54 plate vehicles. To ensure compatibility in any other Mini, please check whether you have a 17 way or 40 way connector at the rear of the radio. The 17 way connector requires part number SBMS003 and the 40 way SBMS004.

These adapters can be purchased from Halfords or our retail outlet whose details can be found at www.autoentertainment.net.

As my car is on order and will be a March 05 plate I then asked about the new adaptor and received the following:

"The 05 late will NOT be compatible with our adapters. Our engineers are aware of the problem and I believe that they are hoping to do something in the New Year."

I'm a bit stuck now as this I quite like the look of this unit but I have also ordered a MFSW on my car.

Phew.. long post

1 - 5 of 5 Posts