MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone retrofitted the Dension ice>link Gateway 500 (product no. GW51MO2) to their MINI?
I have the boost radio/cd thingy + hifi set and definitely want a solution that allows me to control the iPod and USB from the MFSW too bad that the lowest price i've been able to find is $449 USD (+shipping +taxes, damn Finnish 22% VAT)

Oh and also planning on getting a woofer, went to a local car-hifi shop and the Pioneer TS-WX77A is a perfect fit for my clubman...

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
The gateway can be fitted but won't work until you get the car programmed
At the moment the only people who can program the car are Mini & they dont like doing it for aftermarket devices.
We are working with a company who will have a tool that will program Mini & BMW for this device & hope to have one soon

·
Registered
110 Posts
Digging this thread up again.

I also got the BMW interface on my 11/06 R67 CS and I am utterly unhappy, particularely because I paid a fortune for having it fitted and I asked specifically if it would have the 250 odd folder limit. I was told it won't and yes, it has. :mad::angry:

So apart from sorting out the issue with the utterly incompetent sales guy of my otherwise great dealership I need a workaround.

I have the satnav but no BT and the interface works (as designed, at least):rolleyes:

Am I assuming right that I can swap the boxes and all should be fine as I already have the correct coding?

If I also go for the BT module of the Dension 500, do I need additional BT coding for the headunit/system?:puzzled:

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts