MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot believe it! - Victor Meldrew styley

My MOC Cool Blue has been ran into by a push bike and I now have two small creases in my MOC.

It is on the passenger side behind the front wheel arch.

I am very upset - and wonder how much that is going to cost me to repair!

My poor MOC is injured!

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Chris Williams said:
Hopefully if it is a minor dent they may be able to carry out a smart repair on it at your dealer.

Regards
Christopher
Yea, I've got a small crease in my mini. I'm going to try one of those mobile repairers - I've used them before and they a good job.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, but apparently the charge near on £100 an hour for labour at BMW dealers - not sure if this is true though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm a bit concerned about non Mini people dealing with my car - but I suppose it's like any car really.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We got a small 'ding' in the front bumper of 'Dude' (named by 5 year old son!) within days of picking her up from the dealer. Took it back to Sytner Leicester and they have quoted £60 - £80 for a repair. This seemed v. good considering it is a BMW dealer. They described it as a smart repair, whatever that stands for!

Anyway, it's all back to showroom condition now so everything OK. :red:

·
Registered
785 Posts
As Andy notes the smart repairs tend to be carried out by the dealer although very often this will be someone who comes into do the work from the outside. I've had a couple of dents repaired, one in the back quarter, can only imagine it was a rouge shopping trolley and then a dent in the bonet, a stone or something must have hit, both have been repaired at Knights in Newcaslte under Lyme for around £60-£80, good service and repair carried out, paint touch up not perfect, but not bad at all.

I would reccommend that if you ever curb a wheel then one of the mobile repair companies ie. Chips Away probably works out cheaper than the dealer. Chips Away did a particularly good job with one of my alloys after skidding in snow and ice and smacking into a curb.

Regards
Christopher

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the 'Smart' repair sounds like an option - I really hope it isn't too much of a job. MOC is from Sytner Leicester so lets hope they are as reasonable with me.

I will take it down there anyway and see what they say and then decide on the quote. If it's less than £100 it is definitely worth it.

It's not a chip as such it's more like a depression into the metal but no paint is chipped or anything - I'm hoping that it isn't a difficult job!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've had a dent like that taken out before. Short lady in a tall SUV backed into my Miata. The repair guy just used some sort of huge suction cup and popped it back out. Was perfect in less than 10 minutes. As long as the dent doesn't have any chipped/creased paint and isn't too large, it should be a pretty minor repair.

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
if it's a crease, it'll be more difficult to get out by chipsaway

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went down to Sytner Leicester last night. They think it is quite a large dent and they agree that they don't think it was done by a car and more like a push bike wheel as there is no mark on the paint.

They mentioned 'Smart' repair but it isn't suitable for this kind of dent. They said they will give me a quote anyway but think it will be in the region of £400. It's hardly noticeable until the light is on it and you are standing at an angle to the car, but I know it;s there and it's very depressing to know your pride and joy is damaged!

I think I may take it to a couple of body work people first and get a feel for what actually needs to be done - to be honest I think the suction thing sounds like the most likely solution.

Really gutted that Sytner won't get the Smart repair guy to do it. Other problem is that if I can help it I don't want the panel replaced (it's the one with the left side indicator in) because respraying it to get the exact same match is difficult with the Cool blue and probably with many other colours.

Does anyone know of a reputable company that do the suction thing - sorry I'm not very technical!

Any help will be appreciated and thanks to everyone who has offered their advice so far.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Liz,

How are you getting on with your dent? If you are still searching for someone to repair the dent you might like to see if there is a chips away franchise in your area. I think from memory that they are able to repair dents as well as chips, curbed alloys etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Christopher

1 - 13 of 13 Posts