MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
wo man, that price sounds good, where did you do that? kwit fit or mini dealer? my cooper s passenger side also have a little dent....really bugging me, tell me plz where did you do that..I thought it should be very expensive, so till now haven't try to fix...

·
Registered
32 Posts
It really bugs me when i read stuff like this!!I

The fact you say he got it out 90% is the bit that bugs me.There are a lot of people out there doing this job but not very many that are any good at it!!!

As the cooper doors are very ACCESSABLE i would be interested to see some photos of what kind of job he done for you.

The price dont sound too bad although i bet he left pimples where he had been and i bet it is very noticable to some1 like me!

But hey if your happy then i guess thats the main thing....

·
Registered
236 Posts
It really bugs me when i read stuff like this!!I

The fact you say he got it out 90% is the bit that bugs me.There are a lot of people out there doing this job but not very many that are any good at it!!!

As the cooper doors are very ACCESSABLE i would be interested to see some photos of what kind of job he done for you.

The price dont sound too bad although i bet he left pimples where he had been and i bet it is very noticable to some1 like me!

But hey if your happy then i guess thats the main thing....
AS a matter of interest, do the dents have to be removed by using a needle type machine on the inside of the panel, or can you pull out minor dents from the outside? I'd imagine that the needle machine would leave marks on the paint on the inside of the panel.

·
Registered
32 Posts
No mate,No needle machine lol :wink:

The main method is to push the dents out from the inside of the panel without the need for stripping although some times i do have to strip from time to time.

There is another method i use with hot melt glue and a dent puller.

When the dents are repaired by a professional you should NEVER be able to find where the dents have been.They should be invisable!!!

Hence my rant on this topic lolol :biggrin:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Antipop, I'm the dent guy who achieved the '90%' repair.
Firstly, I find it amusing you are able to comment on a repair you have not seen.
And secondly on first inspection of the damaged area I was able to explain the process and possible limitations on this specific repair to the owner of the car due to its location near the top of the door and running across a particularly difficult area of door bracing.
After fully explaining and gaining agreement to proceed with the repair I removed most of the dent in the usual way before removing the door card to gain access to complete the job.
As expected the remainder of the dent was directly in front of the section of bracing that actually touches the door skin, even using 'ultra thin' tools complete access was impossible hence the remaining '10%'
Using the dent puller was considered, however there were signs that at some point the door had been painted and no matter how good pullers claim to be they are no substitute for traditional methods.
so thanks for the 'rant' but if you are a true seasoned pdr pro then you know that our eyes are more critical than others and there can sometimes be that dent that just plays hard to get.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts