MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DrD
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone!

My 2004 MCS has been hit with a fairly big stone while out for a drive this weekend. It has hit the bonnet on the drivers side just a few inches from the headlight but it has chipped the paint quite deeply and also made a fairly prominent 1" long (but narrow) dent in the bodywork. It is on a really complex curve in the panel and catches the light from all angles!!

The really sad thing is I spent all day touching up minor stonechips, clay barring and sealing the paintwork a week ago!!!! I was preparing to have vipers fitted......

Is this likely to be an easy repair? Obviously not paintless dent repair but hopefully not a horribly expensive total bonnet repair/respray.

Your thoughts and experience would be most welcome before I phone the MINI bodyshop. I should also add that the car is Pepper White....

Cheers,

DrD

·
Just been Clubbed!
379 Posts
I was hit by a flying rock a few weeks ago :angry: It hit the front of the bonnet right on the curve above the grill. I have been to a couple of places and they all said it would need beating then possibly a little filler then complete respray of bonnet. The best quote was from a local spray shop at £120 which i didn't think was too bad.
On the down side i have to lose my stripes but on the up i can treat myself to some pin stripped vipers:D

·
DrD
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help

Thanks guys!

It sounds like a bonnet respray will not be too expensive if I shop around. To be honest the car is almost 4 years old now and I was looking to fit some viper or sports stripes. Possibly a full aero kit as well....;)

At least if I have the bonnet sorted at the same time the whole font end should be as good as new - no, better than new!!!:D

Cheers,

DrD

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
shed load of chips in my hood, on my jobs to do list, with chipped windscreen as well thought some track times in order b4 repairs are done ;)

·
JCW 250
1,124 Posts
The best quote was from a local spray shop at £120 which i didn't think was too bad.
Wow - £120. thats not so bad... My black S is peppered with stone chips on the bonnet and have thought about getting the bonnet resprayed but assumed it would be too expensive to be worth it - i.e. about £500 for the whole job - so thats pretty good I think...

What are the drawbacks of getting a respray? Anyone know how much BMW quote to do a total bonnet respray?

EDIT: Just got a quote from MINI for £500 to respray my bonnet.

Hope you get it all sorted DrD;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts