MINI Cooper Forum banner

Dents in the roof from hailstones

1264 Views 5 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Shamster
Has anyone experienced this before?

I was in a heavy hailstone storm near Nottingham (UK) and now have dents in the roof panel.

Will be seeing the bodyshop about a warranty repair on Monday.

Any advice?

Cheers,
Jason.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
I have seen many cars damaged by hailstones. Usually it is covered by your insurance, act of God and all that stuff. Never heard of it being a warranty issue. But that is this side of the pond.
Good luck with the warranty side of things, dont see why they should fix it under warranty to be honest.

Insurance would be the logical answer, or maybe pay our if your excess is quite high and the damage is minimal.

Dentmaster or something similar could maybe pull most of it out ??? :confused:
I would definitley look into some sort of paintless dent removal. When done properly it is 1000 times better than a body shop. No painting involved so you don't have issues with the color matching or some crappy paint etc... Insurance normally will cover this type of damage as long as you have full coverage.
Ding... we have a winner, but,...

danmcg said:
I would definitley look into some sort of paintless dent removal. When done properly it is 1000 times better than a body shop. No painting involved so you don't have issues with the color matching or some crappy paint etc... Insurance normally will cover this type of damage as long as you have full coverage.
... it is indeed an insurance issue.

PDR is the way to go.

Here in the USA, it runs $35 to $55 a panel...and if the "dollar for pound + VAT rule" holds true, they probably charge between 40 pounds and 80 pounds a panel, more or less... Here, the repairmen want to "get breakfast & lunch (so the $$saying$$ goes) from us"... It seems so often that "yours want to get breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a midnight snack".

The PDR method will best preserve the value of your Mini !

Best of luck...
Max said:
The last one I saw was in 1973, hailstones the size of grapes! Local BMW garage had 20 new cars on the forecourt - all ruined. Dealer manager sat on the doorstep and wept!

I'm afraid this will not be repaired under warranty - it will have to be an insurance claim, if your insurance covers acts of god.....

Max :( :red:
When I lived in the US it wasn't uncommon to see hail damage car sales on dealer forecourts of brand new cars damaged by hail.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.