MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MiniMan
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in purchasing an old MINI S (or rally type car) but right hand drive some day when my MIni S lease is up in 2 years. Is there anybody in the States that sells them and how do I contact them? Or how difficult is it to get one from overseas?

Thanks! :D :eb:

Mike in Detroit, MI

[email protected]

(When responding please cc my aol account as well)

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
You say you are waiting for the lease to expire on your MINI before you get a classic Mini? Are you planning on using a classic Mini as a daily driver? I've done that many times in my life (most recently as 3 years ago), but I would caution you about do that (if that's indeed what you are thinking of doing).

The classic Mini is now a 45 year old design and while it is an absolute blast to drive and handles great, it comes from a time where things we now take for granted (reliability, durability, comfort, safety, rust resistance, etc.) are based on automotive norms from more than 4 decades ago. You've got to make a lot of accommodations to live with a classic Mini as a daily driver. And you'd better be fairly good at doing your own maintenance and repairs as well. I would recommend you get a classic Mini as a hobby car to become familiar with it before you consider daily use.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Try eBay. I just bought my BRAND NEW MC from a non-mini dealer who was selling on eBay. There were actually two Dealer's minis that fit my specs - I chose closest to home.

There are almost always Classic Minis available on eBay. Sounds perfect for you - you still have some time! Just check eBay every couple of days - bet you will find just what you want in a week or two! And it's an auction - you pay only what YOU are willing to pay - no unwanted markups & such. -OLY :cool:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I recently saw a classic on the streets and thought it looked pretty good too so i looked around for where I could get a classic mini. here are the two sites i found useful:

http://www.hemmings.com

this lead me to a site called www.gomini.com

based in GA. what's crazy is that they have one with a honda vtech engine in it. I thought it was pretty cool, but I don't know enough about the classic mini and not old enough to get a "hobby" car just yet.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Hi There,

For my parents 30th wedding anniversay I am looking to buy them a classic mini. It doesn't have to some hot shot super fast one. It also doesn't have to fully restored perfect quality. Basically want something that looks like a classic mini from the outside. Just need to be able to be driven.

Open to all color options.

WOuld you be able to lead me to a direction, where I can purchase one, and how much should I expect to pay?

Your help is appreciated in helping me make my parents dream come true.

I am located in San Francisco, and also in Los Angeles

[email protected]

-Ryan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
red03miniS
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing