MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MiniMan
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in purchasing an old MINI S (or rally type car) but right hand drive some day when my MIni S lease is up in 2 years. Is there anybody in the States that sells them and how do I contact them? Or how difficult is it to get one from overseas?

Thanks! :D :eb:

Mike in Detroit, MI

[email protected]

(When responding please cc my aol account as well)

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
You say you are waiting for the lease to expire on your MINI before you get a classic Mini? Are you planning on using a classic Mini as a daily driver? I've done that many times in my life (most recently as 3 years ago), but I would caution you about do that (if that's indeed what you are thinking of doing).

The classic Mini is now a 45 year old design and while it is an absolute blast to drive and handles great, it comes from a time where things we now take for granted (reliability, durability, comfort, safety, rust resistance, etc.) are based on automotive norms from more than 4 decades ago. You've got to make a lot of accommodations to live with a classic Mini as a daily driver. And you'd better be fairly good at doing your own maintenance and repairs as well. I would recommend you get a classic Mini as a hobby car to become familiar with it before you consider daily use.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Try eBay. I just bought my BRAND NEW MC from a non-mini dealer who was selling on eBay. There were actually two Dealer's minis that fit my specs - I chose closest to home.

There are almost always Classic Minis available on eBay. Sounds perfect for you - you still have some time! Just check eBay every couple of days - bet you will find just what you want in a week or two! And it's an auction - you pay only what YOU are willing to pay - no unwanted markups & such. -OLY :cool:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I recently saw a classic on the streets and thought it looked pretty good too so i looked around for where I could get a classic mini. here are the two sites i found useful:

http://www.hemmings.com

this lead me to a site called www.gomini.com

based in GA. what's crazy is that they have one with a honda vtech engine in it. I thought it was pretty cool, but I don't know enough about the classic mini and not old enough to get a "hobby" car just yet.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Hi There,

For my parents 30th wedding anniversay I am looking to buy them a classic mini. It doesn't have to some hot shot super fast one. It also doesn't have to fully restored perfect quality. Basically want something that looks like a classic mini from the outside. Just need to be able to be driven.

Open to all color options.

WOuld you be able to lead me to a direction, where I can purchase one, and how much should I expect to pay?

Your help is appreciated in helping me make my parents dream come true.

I am located in San Francisco, and also in Los Angeles

[email protected]

-Ryan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts