MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's not a MINI, but I'm sure some of you might appreciate this. This man is a professional car detailer, but when he gets his new Astra VXR Nururgring edition, saying he goes "all-out" could be an understatement as well.

VxrMarcs 3 month Nurburgring Detail... - Detailing World

He spends THREE MONTHS essentially cleaning it, tweaking some of the interior and so forth. You've got to give it to him though, its f*****g clean when he's done. :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's amazing to say the least.

I love how he calls 2 marker pen marks BEHIND the dash, "sheer vandalism". I think he was serious.

How much does all that bottled water cost as well!?

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
Here's the bit I don't understand, apart from why? He spends 3 months detailing the car, taking dozens of pics etc. Once it's done what does he do to show off the finished article? Take pictures of it in the dark. Why?

probably so his neighbours don't lych him for 'taking more photos of that bloody car'!

it must have taken a week to write the post

·
Registered
165 Posts
It's amazing to say the least.

I love how he calls 2 marker pen marks BEHIND the dash, "sheer vandalism". I think he was serious.

How much does all that bottled water cost as well!?
IIRC, he has his own water purifier in his garage that uses rain water

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
He is an amazing detailer! Definately one of the best in the world and I understand why he does it apart from one thing! £10000 wax!!!! crazyness.

Amazing results though

·
Totally Insane!
7,800 Posts
Here's the bit I don't understand, apart from why? He spends 3 months detailing the car, taking dozens of pics etc. Once it's done what does he do to show off the finished article? Take pictures of it in the dark. Why?
Thats exactly what I thought! :rolleyes: If you hadn't read the huge post before seeing those pictures, all you would have thought is "Hes got new wheels and has had it lowered" :p

·
24hr
248 Posts
I was kinda going with it really. I mean he loves the car and he wants it just right etc. Then when you got to the end photo's I thought "That Sierra Cossy is just mint ! I'd much rather have that."

Which made me think, all that for an Astra with some crap stickers why bother ? :confused:

·
Registered
42 Posts
gave me a good laugh this one, fair play the guy is a **** :) :aargh:

we all want to take pride in our cars..but come on, get a life mate - i bet he watches out of his window every second to see if another leaf or something has landed on his precious little vauxhall.

thats the other funny thing, its not like its a bloody ferrari or anything, just a pig ugly vauxhall. still, at least his ridiculous 80s highlights go well with the car.

enjoy it, saddo!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
113 Posts
W O W . . . . . He is crazy!! Now I love a clean car and have been known to spend hours in all weathers washing and hoovering my car... But.... that is totally silly...

If only I had as much time on my hands I would 'try' and do the same....

Stunning paint finish though... Good luck to the guy!!

p.s. I wonder when he plans to sell it... One careful owner and all....!!

·
Registered
988 Posts
"Now i then spotted a problem on the roof which i was really unhappy about...A small paint blob about half a mm in size but none the less its there probably a spit from the spray gun..."

"and after discussion we realised that without looking really hard it was not visible to the eye without knowing it was there so i accepted it as rejecting the car now would be difficult..."

"...a personal goal for me over 3 weeks to apply 51 layers 3 layers per day with the zfx kit"

Sad bastard! I've seen a link to him detailing his blue Astra in the past, and thought the same back then!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"Now i then spotted a problem on the roof which i was really unhappy about...A small paint blob about half a mm in size but none the less its there probably a spit from the spray gun..."

"and after discussion we realised that without looking really hard it was not visible to the eye without knowing it was there so i accepted it as rejecting the car now would be difficult..."

"...a personal goal for me over 3 weeks to apply 51 layers 3 layers per day with the zfx kit"

Sad bastard! I've seen a link to him detailing his blue Astra in the past, and thought the same back then!
I've seen a picture of his blue one, and it does look rather good I have to say for a second hand car.

What I don't understand is the fact he cleans everything that he can't see. It's not even as though he's entering it into a competition.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I wondered how long it would take for someone to post this. I didn't bother because I know what some of the replies would be.

I think it is a great detail and project, just because it's not a MINI or £100,000+ supercar doesn't mean it does not deserve the best treatment. Whatever makes vxrmarc happy and it's not harming anyone else, good on him for pushing the boundaries of detailing.

Someone said the wax is £10,000, which it is but only in the Swarovski box that is pictured, I believe Paul Dalton's own box. You can buy Crystal Rock in a 200ml Swissvax pot for £500 which vxrmarc has.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts