that does a little more and covers
a zillion makes and models but it
costs several times more than the
Foxwell or Schwaben.
Great, thanks for the advice! I’ll take a look

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
what something very cheap and i promise you will do all you could need it for on most cars between 1998 to 2015 autocom cdp plus link below
i have one use it all the time as faster than most things on a good windows 10 laptop can do live data and code things as well, i also have access to snap on 3k diagnostics tool and would say this cheapo autocom keeps up with that very well, i also have bmw insta latest full version as well very rarely use it as always been able to use autocom and fix what needed to be fixed,, it also will reset dpf and reset additive counter and code egr valve on mini as well.
have used the other diagnostics tools mentioned a lot more money and need the right update on some cars etc,

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what something very cheap and i promise you will do all you could need it for on most cars between 1998 to 2015 autocom cdp plus link below
i have one use it all the time as faster than most things on a good windows 10 laptop can do live data and code things as well, i also have access to snap on 3k diagnostics tool and would say this cheapo autocom keeps up with that very well, i also have bmw insta latest full version as well very rarely use it as always been able to use autocom and fix what needed to be fixed,, it also will reset dpf and reset additive counter and code egr valve on mini as well.
have used the other diagnostics tools mentioned a lot more money and need the right update on some cars etc,
Thanks mike much appreciated

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
I recommend just buying the Foxwell NT 510, it can do all the job you need.
3 times the price and promise will not do half what that autocom system will do,, that comes form someone been in motor trade for ever and used all kinds of gear over the years,, dont see anywhere where it says the 510 will code injectors or abs pumps or body control modules or has option to run a ecu line to a component,, that is the difference between garage level and mickey mouse level of just reading out a code, trouble is most parts need code when replace or reset etc also need a good live data run to show what each component is recording or doing to standard a chance of fixing these cars ,,
ie say got code for p420 this is a emissions code for cat so scan car and decide to replace the cat £500 to find that never fixed it so then buy 2 02 sensors £200 to find still got the issues,,, then take car to someone like me who scans the car for live data,,, i find car has a carbon issues with inlet valves very common issue with 60k plus cooper s this cost the guy £100 say to have wall nut blasted clean now car runs perfectly again,, the live data shows this with knowing what to look for,, guy could of saved £700 by having good enough gear to read the car..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3 times the price and promise will not do half what that autocom system will do,, that comes form someone been in motor trade for ever and used all kinds of gear over the years,, dont see anywhere where it says the 510 will code injectors or abs pumps or body control modules or has option to run a ecu line to a component,, that is the difference between garage level and mickey mouse level of just reading out a code, trouble is most parts need code when replace or reset etc also need a good live data run to show what each component is recording or doing to standard a chance of fixing these cars ,,
ie say got code for p420 this is a emissions code for cat so scan car and decide to replace the cat £500 to find that never fixed it so then buy 2 02 sensors £200 to find still got the issues,,, then take car to someone like me who scans the car for live data,,, i find car has a carbon issues with inlet valves very common issue with 60k plus cooper s this cost the guy £100 say to have wall nut blasted clean now car runs perfectly again,, the live data shows this with knowing what to look for,, guy could of saved £700 by having good enough gear to read the car..
Yeah I’ll take the cheapest option that works! I’m assuming that can be done for less than £100

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Off topic, I’ve seen that the stock rods and pistons are a weak point in this car, would you recommend sorting it out? Also do you recommend the oil catch to prevent coking in the future?

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
Off topic, I’ve seen that the stock rods and pistons are a weak point in this car, would you recommend sorting it out? Also do you recommend the oil catch to prevent coking in the future?
yes catch cans are good, forging them makes them stronger but loads of money,, that autocom is really good gear for money nothing else comes close for that money, works on windows 10 really well,, i use it on my everyday laptop with inter net but always switch internet off when using the program,, also need to switch off anti virus when loading it and using it, i forget a lot and have to go in to anti virus program to pull files back that get pulled by it,, i've had mine since 2013 use it most days,, i use it on blue tooth dongle to laptop only cable used if from the eobd socket to vci brick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts