MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying out another dealer down here in the south:rolleyes:

My third one, as none of them can give me the same levels of service that I was used to from Woodmans:(

Its in for the following:

Second service
Brake fluid change
Battery loosing charge after 1 week standing still
Paint peeling on front bumper
Off side washer jet not being powerful enough

So far two calls from them:rolleyes:

Front brake pads need changing, in what sense I ask, as in they won't make it to the next service level, but how much have they got left, enough for now? yes, so leave them alone instead of trying to charge me £158 for front pads:rolleyes:

Second call, Hi Mr Rake, we've checked you battery and its discharging too much, we think its because of all the non-MINI accessories, like the parrot kit and head unit etc.. How can you prove this? As they do not drain when the car is off, well no more than a standard unit. Have you considered that its because the battery has gone flat on me twice now so not retaining charge and the fact that the battery is smaller on the GP than on a MCS? No, we didn't know that, I'll speak with the tech :rolleyes:

Why is always a battle with some dealers to get things done under warranty which are warranty issues:rolleyes:

Tempted to make the drive up to Woodmans, as they seem to be the only dealer that actually knows these common problems and are willing to resolve them:rolleyes:

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grrrrr :mad:

Apparently the paint flaking on the front bumper is because the bumper has been caught on something which has flexed the bumper and caused it to crack. I tried to point out thats rubbish, the GP is low, you can't avoid catching it on speed bumps no matter what speed you do, and if you examine the paint you can see bubbles where is it peeling.

The battery, well don't get me started on that, yes its discharging more than it should but its acceptable.

Didn't have time to discuss it more, but will be calling back to see the service manager on Friday to give them one more chance to explain themselves before sending out a couple of letters:rolleyes:

Now where is that thread where GP paint has peeled off.....:eek:

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:frown: That sucks Rakey. Hope you get it sorted soon. :redface:
Don't worry I will, just don't see why I have to go through all of this hassle, I know I wouldn't if I was using Woodmans:eek:

Since discovering them I've not had to write to MINI for a good few years now, buts unbelievable that there is such a variation in the dealer network still, and they can't all hit the same level.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi Rakey,

Did you ask them to look at the performance as well?

You didn't seem to be able to pull away from our Works 210 on the Ridegway Run!

Maybe it was the battery or all the extra weight from the Parrot and its cage you've got installed!!

Seriously, best of luck with the dealer, we've never had any problems with them (yet)

Regards

Mark.

·
Havin' fun...
4,931 Posts
I bought my Dooper from DL,H.

I bought it there because they went the extra 10 miles for me with my previous car.

Both headlight motors went at the same time - six months out of warranty!

I went in for diagnosis and rectification. While it was in they called me stating that they weren't happy with my issues, so the heckled BMW who made a goodwill gesture to the tune of over £400.

Thank you DL,H.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought my Dooper from DL,H.

I bought it there because they went the extra 10 miles for me with my previous car.

Both headlight motors went at the same time - six months out of warranty!

I went in for diagnosis and rectification. While it was in they called me stating that they weren't happy with my issues, so the heckled BMW who made a goodwill gesture to the tune of over £400.

Thank you DL,H.
Interesting, well I'll give them one more chance and calling in Friday to discuss it in detail, as I was needing to get out of there last night.

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Just goes to show that really good dealers are so hard to find....

If they can't get this resolved for you Rakey, try Sytners in Sunningdale. I know its out of your way, but at least its closer than Woodmans. They fixed Snowies battery issue, and I know he has nothing but praise for them :)

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just goes to show that really good dealers are so hard to find....

If they can't get this resolved for you Rakey, try Sytners in Sunningdale. I know its out of your way, but at least its closer than Woodmans. They fixed Snowies battery issue, and I know he has nothing but praise for them :)
Was wondering where he got it done, thanks for that Jon, they might be my next port of call.

At the end of the day its going to end up costing MINI more and be hassle to me if I have to keep calling out MINI assist than if they resolve the drain and replace the battery:rolleyes:

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, just shows that it depends on who you see at a dealership

Today the GP went back in for a track rod end and laser balance done under warranty, and picked her up and got a full talk through what they had done by Aaron, which impressed me.

Then he gave me the good news that based on a better inspection of the bumper and the print of this thread that they had ordered me a new bumper to replace the peeling one:D

Although the battery issue is not being covered, even though they had checked it out again, and spoke to MINI. He couldn't believe that such a small powered battery had been put in the GP, he said I could buy a higher rated one which would help, but if there is a drain somewhere in the system that it could still happen. He did say I'd probably be better off getting a trickle charger seeing as MINI said no.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, it was Aaron who pulled the rabbit out of the hat for me.

I would always ask for him personally for anything non routine. A good guy to develop a business relationship with.
Yeah I think I could have found someone to go to in future in Aaron:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know it's not a fix for a fault in the car that is causing a drain but for anyone that keeps there car in a garage with a power supply and you are suffering battery problems i use one of these,

Oxford Products Maximiser 360T Motorcycle Battery Charger

i know it says motorcycle battery charger but it has a car setting too, hard wire a small harness onto your battery so that the connector is accessible then just connect the charger and it not only charges but maintains your battery, every hour it monitors the battery condition and if neccessary trickle charges as needed, it tells you whether the battery is in a strong or weak condition, displays current battery voltage and charge status and it can recover a deeply discharged battery to a strong condition.
was having problems on my bike with it standing for lengths of time with the alarm draining the battery, since using this charger never had a problem, starts first go and with less cranking as good voltage is maintained, i have also tried it on some "dead" car batteries with surprising success and one of the previously "dead" batteries is still powering my van

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Oh well, you're getting there at least :D

Let them sort the bumper, then bring it up to Sytners for them to sort the battery ;) Snowies GP is laden with ICE and all sorts, but they still isolated and fixed his battery drain - might even be the same cause as yours!

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh well, you're getting there at least :D

Let them sort the bumper, then bring it up to Sytners for them to sort the battery ;) Snowies GP is laden with ICE and all sorts, but they still isolated and fixed his battery drain - might even be the same cause as yours!
I did give them the print out of his issue, but yes, will get the bumper fixed and then maybe book her into there;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts